1.14

Wen Ning should have known better than to hope for peace and quiet today. Of all the times he was able to have his brothers here with him, it had to be today when both of them were gathered here with Liu Li Feng, Sun Junjie and Liu Li Fei in the mix. It was disastrous.

To his left.

"Sit farther. You're too close to Yujin," Bai Shirong tries to pry Liu Li Fei off Wen Ning, who was sitting impossibly close to him. Wen Ning can feel the prince's fingernails biting into his skin, gripping on him so that Bai Shirong couldn't pull him off.

"Go away or I'll make a scene," Liu Li Fei whispers harshly to Bai Shirong, trying to hit the man's stomach with his elbow but his elder brother was able to avoid it and retaliate by hitting the back of the prince's head. They truly were childhood friends if Liu Li Fei allows himself to get hit and not punish Bai Shirong.

Also, what is with Bai Shirong always aiming to hit behind the head? Wen Ning once heard someone say that you lose intelligence if your head gets hit from behind. Is that why Bai Shirong does it?!

To his right.

"Hey Fox, how does it feel like to be a mere bodyguard? Must feel bad for the second commander to lower himself by guarding someone. When was the last time you had to do a castle guard's duty?" Bai Zian snickers to himself, cuddling closer to Wen Ning's right as he looks at Sun Junjie with a triumph look. Sun Junjie merely grins as he stands guard behind them, eating a meat bun given by Wen Ning for breakfast. "Hmm, not too bad. I don't need to run drills and get all sweaty from training. Also, being a bodyguard for a beauty, sign me up. Getting close to my Yujin and protecting him is better than a certain 'brother' who has been ignoring his sibling throughout his life and just making up for it now. Poor Yujin, having such a worthless brother," Sun Junjie mocks and bites into his bun, ignoring the spluttering from Bai Zian. Bai Zian looks at Wen Ning and cries out, complaining to Wen Ning that he was being 'attacked' and apologising to him again for not caring for him those past years. Wen Ning glares at Sun Junjie who is faking ignorance.

Urg, having these three squishing into him makes it hard for him to have breakfast. He can't eat properly! At least, Liu Li Feng was acting like his usual self.

His quiet husband was eating breakfast, ignoring the noisy group at his side. He was sitting beside Bai Zian and from time to time wincing when Wen Ning's second brother wails out loudly from what Wen Ning sees. Wen Ning wonders why Liu Li Feng doesn't just move a bit farther if his ears are hurting. Even Wen Ning's ears are hurting from how both sides are arguing close to his delicate ears. 

"Yujin," Liu Li Feng calls him.

Wen Ning turns towards Liu Li Feng with a grimace as his ears ring from the noise. Seeing Wen Ning's face and teary eyes, Liu Li Feng nods in understanding as he too can sympathise being assaulted from the shrieks and shouts of the others.

He takes a piece of steam veggie, fish and rice using his chopsticks and directs it to Wen Ning's mouth. "Ahhh," Liu Li Meng urges him to take a bite, sounding monotone. This caught not only Wen Ning by surprise but also everyone around the table. Only Sun Junjie made a 'pfft' sound as he tries to stifle his laugh. Wen Ning looks at Liu Li Feng's embarrass face judging from his red ears but Wen Ning could see how earnest his husband was in trying to feed him that he felt touched by the gesture.