1.11

"You think he will like it?" Sun Junjie asked for the third time, exiting a sigh from Liu Li Feng.

Today, they were lucky enough to get some free time to go to the market despite their busy schedule.

With Hwansou trying to push Zhenbou to initiate the first move, Liu Li Feng has been busy patrolling the nearby towns and villages within their kingdom and training the soldiers. He gets home late and he so tired that, once he puts his head on the pillow, he is dead to the world. Because of that, he doesn't have many chances to join Bai Yujin for dinner, leaving his wife usually having dinner with Rou Yao and Rou Mei accompanying him. He is upset with himself for not being able to be there more for Bai Yujin. How are they going to fix their relationship if he himself doesn't put in the effort but with everything going on, Liu Li Feng can't find any time to spend with Bai Yujin. He suspects the ger is also put out with him and thinking of Bai Yujin's impression of him now, Liu Li Feng couldn't help but feel hopeless.

"Yes Junjie, he will like it. I was there when he looked at it," Liu Li Feng reminded Sun Junjie, as the other man held onto his arm and the other holding a meat skewer. People were watching them due to Sun Junjie's incessant chatter and bright personality that seem to attract others. Liu Li Feng pulled his hood down to cover half of his face. He didn't want anyone to start talking about the second prince's appearance in town. There was enough problem as it is then to start a new one.

"It's just, we've been so busy with the soldiers and now with Hwasou coming here, I haven't spent time with Yujin. Do you know how difficult it was to lie to him two days ago? I was this close to blurting out our outing. The only reason I held myself is because we want to surprise him with a present. You didn't see the look on his face. I felt like I stole a child's candy," Sun Junjie grumbled, angry with himself as he bites into the meat.

Sun Junjie was as busy as Liu Li Feng. With Hwasou near arrival to the kingdom, he has been working with Bai Zian in collecting information. With Bai Zian's close connection to the other kingdoms and the black markets, Sun Junjie was able to obtain evidence that he could use to tarnish the royal family of Hwasou. The slavery trade, the hidden opium business and the high rise of poverty in the villages in Hwasou due to high tax rate which was used for their benefit to live in luxury to name a few. But Sun Junjie knew it wasn't enough.

They had all this information but they needed someone of great importance from Hwasou to use it to fight against the corruption of their country. The plan was that Hwasou would be busy dealing with the internal conflict of their royalty to even think of initiating war with Zhenbou and if they were lucky, a new ruler who wouldn't mind a peaceful relationship with Zhenbou. Bai Zian suggested that they wait until the Zhebou representative and their entourage arrived so that they could select their victim, Bai Zian's words, not his. 'Maybe we could use the princess,' Sun Junjie thinks to himself.

Sun Junjie looks over Liu Li Feng who has been quiet ever since he spoke of Bai Yujin. Despite his lover's impassiveness, Sun Junjie could see the dejected look in his eyes. Worried for Liu Li Feng's sudden downess, Sun Junjie pulls him to the side where they stood at the the wooden bridge, facing the town's riverbank with the bright orange sky above them. "What did you do?" Sun Junjie calmly asked, knowing this probably has to do with Bai Yujin.

Liu Li Feng's body tenses as he was confronted with that question. He looks away from Sun Junjie and his forehead furrowed, not knowing how to tell him. Sun Junjie frowns and uses two of his fingers to flatten Liu Li Fei's furrow. "You'll get wrinkles if you keep up with that furrowing. Come on Li Feng, it can't be that bad," Sun Junjie insisted as he places their hands on the bridge's railing, his palm on top of Li Feng's, their fingers intertwined.