Extra 2 Promise

"Breath in, breath out. Slowly, in and out, in and out,"

Wen Ning's voice lulls in the air, softly guiding Jin Ling in his breathing exercise, who at this moment has one of his arms pulling back the string of his bow while the other is focusing on the red target in front of him.

Sweat falls downs from his forehead as he concentrates and follows Wen Ning's voice, regulating his breathing to the same pace as Wen Ning instructed. It was so difficult to do both but Jin Ling wasn't a quitter. He knows himself better than anyone.

"Take your time. In and out, in and out. Now...release,"

Woosh! Thuck!

The arrow hits directly at the centre of the target.

"Finally!" Jin Ling shouts out, relieve in finally being able to release that arrow. He wipes the sweat off with the back of his hand and turns back to look at Wen Ning who is softly smiling at him. "You made me keep my posture like that for 15 minutes. That was exhausting!" Jin Ling complained as a pout form on his lips.

Wen Ning laughed out nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. "I used to do that every time before I released the first arrow. It made me concentrate better. Don't worry Jin Ling. With enough practice, you'll get used to it," Wen Ning walks towards the young cultivator and pats his soft hair. "I know you can do it. You are the best archer I have ever seen," Wen Ning praises, his sincere statement brings a blush to Jin Ling's face. Jin Ling stammers a bit before swatting Wen Ning's hand away, head held tall and proud although the blush was still there. "Of course I'm the best. You don't have to say it for me to know," he grins. Wen Ning just nods, agreeing to those words. He couldn't deny that Jin Ling was the best archer among the cultivators of his generation. He himself feels proud to be this young man's advisor.

Jin Ling looks at the arrow he had released and contemplates for a moment. "You know Wen Ning, I don't know why you have me stand like that for so long. My arms were killing me trying to keep still. Why don't you just teach me how to shoot arrows like normal? Breathing techniques help but I don't know what use it does when we go night hunting," Jin Ling complained, crossing his arms as confusion dawns his pretty face. Wen Ning just wants to pull those lips upwards just so that frown disappears from Jin Ling. No one as pretty as him should be frowning, such a waste.

"Well Jin Ling, to tell you the truth I don't really have much to teach you when it comes to archery. Almost all the arrows you shoot hit your target and you are even able to shoot at a far distance. So I don't have any complaints when it comes to your skills but, you have a huge flaw," Wen Ning says as he walks to the pierced target and begins removing the other arrows that have been shot. Jin Ling huffs, clearly annoyed with what Wen Ning had said but he patiently waits for the fierce corpse to continue. "You are impatient. Before you begin to protest, hear me out," Wen Ning puts his palm out knowing Jin Ling would voice out when he says this and true to his word, Jin Ling was about to talk but he quiets down and eyes narrowed.

"As I said, you are impatient. It's true that you are gifted when it comes to the bow and arrow but you lack patience which affects your concentration and you lose focus easily. Maybe it's because you are confident, which is good but that will be your demise. So, when Sect Leader Jiang asked me to help you with your training, I told him that I would only observe and give advise when necessary because I don't doubt your skills but you do need to realise it's alright to take it slow from time to time and not rush through things," Wen Ning pulls out the last arrow and turns around, smiling gently at Jin Ling.

Jin Ling at first wanted to retort back, unsatisfied with being called basically a 'brat' despite the flowery words disguised behind that statement but he could see no spite hidden within When Ning's kind eyes. He sighs and nods in understanding. He admits he can be a bit...too much; eager to please and stubborn to prove a point, like now. So he understands what Wen Ning meant when he needs to stop rushing and just relax. Being patient was never his strong suit but he trusted Wen Ning's advice. If he needed to learn to stay calm and focus, he will follow through it.