00.

Tears are the manifestation of emotion~

Emotions are what invoke imagination ~

Then what are we, if not beings of emotion~

×|×|×

Carter Defray Lynn.

Being back here, was already draining on my soul, I shouldn't be here, but I was, the town, the people, the weather, it wore down on me, and I hated it. "Welcome to Kholis Bay, visiting?" The taxi driver asked and I felt odd about how it seemed everything had changed, last time I was here there wasn't so many buildings, it was a little town by the ocean, now little was an understatement but that didn't matter, I was back for other reasons, and I had hoped it wouldn't have been that. "I'm not visisting per say." I muttered after the boot was closed with a rather harsh bang.

The car seat was worn out but comfortable, or it was me just not paying attention to it, like a lot of things lately since she was the only thing that kept my mind in constant turmoil and confusion, how had it happened, why had it happened. "So where to?" The taxi driver asked with inquisitive eyes. "GroveHill, fifth lane." I replied mindlessly, an address I knew all too well and had tried to erase for so long, buildings and people blurred past me as the car went further into town and past it to the lush greenery that covered a large part of the south side, it was for many reasons why it was like that. "Fancy place, are you sure you're not visiting, you don't seem like the folks here." The taxi driver who I now knew was Todd from his ID being on the dashboard asserted yet again, he was rather assertive and I knew he was trying to get more information from me, he was currently reporting it to someone.

How I knew, it was complicated at best, what also gave it away was the distinct scent of nature coming off him, he was a wolf to be precise, and my address was smack near the middle of pack territory. "I've been told that a lot." I chuckled lightly brushing off his comment and his intuitive remark. "I see, anyway, we're here." He concluded just as the car stopped and I froze looking at it, home. Slowly I got out as my heart began to race, and memories began to bombard me, the day I left.

"Stay away from this pack, I don't want to ever see your face." An angered red faced alpha with elongated fangs ordered, his rage was granted but the pain he was inflicting was not. "Remove and kill me." I told him with pathetic tears falling from my cheeks, the wound where his hunting knife had penetrated on my body wouldn't heal, what made it worse was the wolfsbane coursing through my veins, slowly killing me. "Now why would I do that beautiful." He whispered brushing away strands of long raven hair away from my face. "I would only exile you, never kill you, you are my mate after all."

"Cherry." The whisper of my nickname broke me away from the memories, I was standing by the walkway to the front door and the flowers all around me had withered, closed off due to my negative energy. "Cherry, it is you." My cousin sister, I finally noticed, she was the one calling out my name as she stood by the door. "Hey Tori." I replied just as she bound for me and in mere seconds she was in my arms sobbing, I had already cried enough and I was too broken to shed more tears anyway so I just held her until she calmed down. "Its alright." I mumbled as she stopped sniffling and pulled away from me with a relieved face.

"Thanks, but what are you doing here, you know what could happen, I didn't even know you could come." All her statements bombarded me at once, I couldn't reply any of it until she calmed down and asked one by one. "Whoa, calm down, I would like to be in my house before I answer, the wind carries." I replied with caution and her face lit up in realization, with a quick nod we had all my bags hauled into the house. "I had forgotten, sorry." She apologetically muttered but it didn't matter so I waved it off. "I'm here because beta Ashton told me about gran, he sent a letter, apparently they knew where I was, but with that kindness came a price, I'm only allowed to be here for a month." I finally responded, my explanation seemed to baffle her but that's all I had. "Those pricks will never let you come back for good, and now it seems with alpha Harrison being in charge it will be worse." She added making me scoff, I appreciated her not saying his name but any mention of him still triggered me.

"What can I do, the moment the month is over I leave, or they drag me out of the pack, but right now that doesn't matter, I'm not here for all of that, I couldn't even say goodbye, what happened, who killed gran?" I demanded knowing full well someone was behind my gran's death, no one had the slightest reason to kill her, she was an angel.

"Rogues killed her." Tori sadly replied as I finally settled down on my bed, that was nothing to go on when it came to how gran died, why would rogues attack and kill her. "Tori." I pressed on but she couldn't look at me, she was hiding something. "I can't tell you Cherry, I know you'll do something crazy if I start spinning theories, the alpha family, and the pack doctor all confirmed it was rogues that gave her fatal injuries." She argued telling me half truths, I could tell truth from lies now but she didn't know that, she was being evasive but it wasn't working.

I knew if Tori couldn't tell me what happened, I had to find out on my own, and may the goddess be merciful to whoever killed my gran, I was here for blood. "Fine, clearly you're too afraid or your loyalty has shifted to tell me the truth, so I will find out on my own." I exclaimed heading out of the bedroom, my house was still the same, inside and out, funny how they hadn't torn it down yet. "Babe I'm home!" His voice was dominant, dangerously so and I couldn't help feel a certain familiarity with him, so I walked toward the foyer, before I could get far my body was tackled to the ground.

"Who are you?!" He growled out viciously as I kneed his abdomen then landed an uppercut on him succefully throwing him off, still reeling from the sudden attack I kicked his jaw throwing him to the lower cabinets that broke apart on impact. "Cherry stop!" Tori yelled as she came into the kitchen. "He attacked me." I defended as the man I nearly knocked out groaned waking up."Tai, hey sorry sweetie." Tori slowly helped him up, I finally realized who I had just beat, and it couldn't be, it just couldn't. He was Tai Ashton current beta of the Blackeburn Pack and Tori's mate, to say I was shocked couldn't even sum it up.

"I'm okay." He mumbled finally looking at me, Tori doing the same, I couldn't believe her, how could she betray me like this. "Cherry please let me explain." Before I let her say anything I bolted out, I just couldn't handle it, when it came to betrayals I was one of those persons who didn't know how to handle it, I just evaded it all together.

I knew my way around town, so without wasting time I headed toward the wolf cemetery, for the one person I had actually come here for, I hid myself well enough not be noticed, I was grateful for all those years of blending in and hiding because they had taught me how to blend in and never be noticed. Walking past the gates I let my wolf guide the way, and it wasn't too long when I stood infront of her grave, she always wanted to be buried next to her mate, Grampa Carter.

I collapsed to my knees next to her grave, how I wish I could've told her goodbye, or been there to make sure she was safe and none of this hellish nightmare ever happened. "I'm here gran." I mumbled pitifully as I looked at her name, I wouldn't let her death be in vain, I wouldn't let her life be another statistic the Harrisons trampled over, I couldn't, but for now in that moment, I would allow myself to cry, to say goodbye.

+++

LMJ