•8•

[A week later.]
Christian
<<Good morning beautiful xxx>>
Perrie
<<Morning :) x>>
Christian
<<Sorry P, but I can't see you later. My mum and dad tricked me into spending the day at my grandparents. I can see you later on tonight if your dad lets you xx>>
Perrie
<<It's okay, I'll ask dad about tonight :) I'll let you know later xx>>

Despite it being gone ten o'clock, Perrie was still in bed. After replying to Christian's texts, the girl rolled over and tried to get back to sleep. After a few minutes, she heard her name being called downstairs but decided to ignore it, pretending to be still asleep.
'Perrie, daddy wants you.'
'Caitlin! You know not to come into my bedroom without knocking!'
'Dad told me to come and get you.' Caitlin turned the light on.
Perrie threw her blanket on the floor and got out of bed, putting on some pyjama trousers on. She was still on the stairs, shouting. 'You can't even sleep in peace in this house.'
'Don't shout at me young lady.'
'Don't wake me up then, dad! You know how much I hate it.' Perrie arrived in the living room.
'Your dog is desperate to go outside.' Alexander said whilst pointing at Hatchi howling at the garden door.
Perrie opened the door for Hatchi, annoyed. 'It wasn't that hard, was it? Did you really need to wake me up for that?!'
'We agreed that if we let you bring your dog with you, he would have been your responsibility.'
Perrie was ready to answer back, but her dad didn't let her.
'No excuses, Perrie. It's ten o'clock, you should have bene out of bed hours ago.'
'It's also summer, dad. I surely am allowed to have a lie in.'
'I really don't like all this talking back. You better stop that if you don't want me to cancel your birthday dinner tomorrow.'
'Whatever, see if I care!
Perrie stormed back upstairs, slamming her bedroom door. She got back into bed, growling into her pillow.
After a few minutes of tossing her turning, she picked up her phone from her bedside table. The only thing Perrie really wanted, was to talk to her mum, but at the same time she didn't want to worry her. She's worked out that it must have been around half nine in the evening where her mum was, so she only sent her a text.

Perrie
<<Miss you so much today xxx Wish we were together xx Love you xxx>>

Perrie didn't leave her room all morning, up until lunch time. She walked in kitchen, silent, picked a packet of crisps from the cupboard and sat on the sofa to eat it. She had thought about eating in her bedroom, just 'cause she knew she wasn't allowed, but she thought that it wasn't worth another fight with her dad.
'You shouldn't snack before lunch.'
'I'm going for a walk in a minute, I'll have lunch later. Or is that not allowed either, dad?'
'Stop being so sarcastic. I know these rule seem harsh, but I'm just thinking of your safety and well-being.'
'I'm your daughter, you talk to me as if I was one of your employees.'
'Exactly, you're my daughter and you're still young. Teenagers need guidance not to make the wrong choices and waste their lives.'
'Just like little girls need their dad to teach them how to ride a bike or go to their school shows. Hang on... you never worried about any of those things though, did you?'
'I already told you not to talk to me like that in this house. Especially not in front of my wife and daughter.'
Perrie, once again, couldn't bare to listen to her dad. She walked towards the front door, putting Hatchi on a leash. 'Don't worry, God forbid your wife and kid suddenly realised you're not as perfect as you claim to be. I'm going for a walk.'
Perrie walked for a while, without being able to shake away the anger she felt against her dad. She suddenly couldn't control her tears, which slowly started to roll down her cheeks.
'Long time no see.' Perrie quickly dried her tears with the back of her hand when she heard Alex's voice. 'No running today?'
'Not in the mood for a run.'
'What happened?' Alex asked as started to walk next to the girl.
'Just my dad being my dad. Speaking of the devil...'

-Incoming call from Dad.-
-Hello?
-Hey, just to let you know, we're going out for a bit.
-Have fun.
-Oh Perrie, just stop it please. Have you got your keys?
-Yes, yes. See you later.

'Dad's are programmed to be annoying, it's not his fault.'
'Yeah, with the exception that my dad has never really took an interest in me or my brother up until I moved in with him.'
'Do you miss your mum?'
Perrie couldn't even reply without starting to cry again.
'Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.'
'It's okay, it's just... it's stupid, but I've never spent a birthday away from her and knowing she won't be with me tomorrow just makes me sad.'
'It's not stupid. You should never undermine what you're feeling.'
'Whoa, whoa, whoa... when did you become so wise?!' Perrie couldn't help but laughing.
'I've always been really wise, you just didn't know it. And look, it worked. You're smiling now.'
The two just smiled at each other.
'C'mon, I'll walk you home. It's about to start raining.'
Once the two arrived in front of Perrie's front door, the girl started to check her pockets.
'Shit.'
'What?'
'I haven't got my keys! My dad and Jane are out.'
Just then, little raindrops started to fall down.
'Great!'
'Come to mine.' Alex casually said. 'You can wait for your dad there.'
Perrie wasn't sure that was a good idea, but what harm could they have done? And it definitely was better than waiting in the rain.
The two walked into Alex's house. It was pristine. The walls were covered in family pictures and all the boys' football trophies were exposed in a cabinet in the living room.
Alex and Perrie went to sit on the sofa.
'Did you have fun at the party?'
'Yeah, it was good. Did you?'
'Yes, not bad. You didn't even say hello to me though!'
Perrie felt embarrassed, thinking he didn't even noticed her presence at that party. 'Ehm... I... you looked quite busy.'
'I'm never too busy for you. We're family now, anyway.'
'Oh, so did Christian tell you?'
'That you're his girlfriend now? Yes of course he did.'
'And does he know your girlfriend?'
'He doesn't, because I don't have a girlfriend. Look who was spying on me at the party then...'
'I wasn't spying on you! I just saw you.'
'Since you're so interested, she's just a friend and there's absolutely nothing between us.'
'I'm not interested, trust me. But it's a shame, she's really pretty.'
'She's really not my type. Not what I need right now anyway.'
'What do you need right now then?'
'No distractions, that's what I need!'
'Does it have something to do with this?' Perrie showed Alex a book that was resting on the sofa arm.
'You caught me.'
'What are you studying chemistry and biology for?'
'If I tell you, you have to promise me not to laugh. And not to tell Christian because I haven't told my family yet.' Alex sighed. 'I want to go to uni. Physiotherapy. The only problem is that I'm not academically gifted, meaning that it takes me three days to understand a single page so I don't think I'll ever pass the entry test.'
'I'm sure you're not that bad. I can help you if you want.'
'Knowing your short temper, you'd slap me after five minutes.'
'Oh, I'm even more tempted to help you now!' Perrie laughed. 'I'm serious though, I can help you study. Just...'
'...Christian. You don't have to do it, you know.'
'I want to, we'd just have to be really careful.'
'You can come over on Sunday then, around three? Dad and Christian are going to watch a football match, mum will be sorting stuff out for her academy.'
'Deal.'

[Good morning everyone :) How's your week going x
I've had the weirdest dream about Perrie last night haha I woke up so confused lol
Anyway, here's the new chapter! I don't really know what to say apart that every little part of the story will be relevant in the future chapters lol
so just let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy it :)
peace and love to everyone xxx]

Before midnight.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें