[12]

I let out a bunch of inaudible noises and went about thrashing my arms in the air, my phone being held between my shoulder and head.

"Fuck the reunion. I'm coming home now."

"You don't have any money, Dev."

I brought a hand to my forehead and rubbed it roughly, "Can you buy us tickets? I'll pay you back as soon as I get the money, I swear on my life."

"Stop your begging, you know that I'd do anything for you and Lola," Hayley sighed, "But you're not paying me back, and don't even try to argue with me on this."

"I'm not letting you spend that much money on the two of us for you to not get anything back."

"Yes you are. You will. Just think of it as a gift, Devonne. You have enough stress on you as it is, with the whole family situation and Lola and the debt that you're in."

I let a smile slowly grace upon my lips.

"I love you."

"Oh I know, honey. Who doesn't love me?"

...

Within a matter of thirty minutes I had mine and Lola's suitcases packed once again and ready to go. Hayley had already found and bought the two of us tickets and we were set to leave at ten o' clock that night.

After wiping the sweat off of my face, I finally opened the bedroom door and went out in search of my daughter. Not a single person in the house were being quiet so she wasn't that hard to find.

I walked into the family room and came across the sight of my parents, sisters and Lola all sat on the floor playing a board game.

"Look who finally decided to come out," Demi smiled, glancing from me to the cards placed in her hands.

I cleared my throat and nodded, not bothering to look over at Dallas and my parents who were all watching my every move, glares glued onto their faces.

"Lola, come with me, please," I demanded.

The small child quickly jumped from Maddie's lap and into my arms. I squeezed her body to mine tightly and kept a firm grip around her waist.

"It's not even nine yet," Maddie groaned.

I nodded my head, "I know."

And with that I quickly turned on my heal, rushing away to the guest room. I could hear multiple footsteps behind me but didn't stop gathering my bags.

"Where do you think you're going, Devonne?"

I heard a loud honk from outside of the window and silently thanked Hayley for calling us a cab so soon.

Now my only problem would be successfully getting out of the house.

I glanced around the room before the honking started once again. Before I could even think, my feet were carrying me outside, shouts and pleas filling my ears from behind. After practically throwing everything into the cab we sped off, and not once did I bother to glance behind me.

I knew that I wouldn't see anyone from my family again for a long time after that, and surprisingly, for once, I was more than okay with that.