[7]

It was like everything was happening in slow motion.

One minute I'm walking through the airport with my daughter ready to aboard the first flight back to New York, and the next I'm being ambushed by blinding lights and douche bags calling out my sister's name.

Is this really what Demi has to go through all the time?

Fuck that.

"I didn't sign up for this, get the hell out of my face," I thought to myself.

It took everything in me not to beat the shit out of the guy standing in front of Lola's face, a camera pointed straight at her. Straight at us.

Instead I quickly swooped her up into my arms with all of the strength I had left in my body and ran as fast as I could, with our suitcases, to the ladies room.

I sighed and locked the door, trying to ignore the pounding echoing through the tiny restroom, before prying a now shaking Lola off of my arms and onto the sink.

"Shhh," I soothed. The little whimpers and sobs coming out of her were literally heartbreaking.

"Momma's here, baby. Just sit tight while I call your aunt Demi, alright?" Lola nodded her tiny head and leaned back against the wall, squeezing her eyes shut tight.

I grabbed my phone from out of my back pocket and went to Demi's contact. It rang a total of three times before she picked up, seemingly out of breath.

"Dev?"

"Yeah, hey."

"Are you ready to come back now?"

"Honestly? No, but I really don't have much of a choice at the moment."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm at the airport. Me and Lola were about to get on a flight home when I was surrounded by paparazzi.."

"Dammit, Devonne," Demi muttered, "I'm on my way," she rushed out before hanging up.

I groaned loudly before turning back to Lola and grabbing her off of the sink and into my embrace. She snuggled her face into my chest before pressing her lips there lightly, and closing her eyes once more.

Maybe it was fate that had made me miss my flight that day.

All I know is that if it wasn't for those few dickheads with their heavy camera equipment, I would be back in NY, at the same point I was before.

Authors Note:

I have no idea what I'm doing with this story.