• 𝘹𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘹 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Poe, I need your help," He says, furrowing his brows.

I nod, spotting Han coming our way.

"Yeah, of course. There's just someone I need to talk to first and then I'll do everything I can to help you." I say.

He nods. We approach Han and I stop before him, smiling at him tightly.

"Sergeant Solo, sir, welcome back." I say, saluting him.

Han smiles and salutes back.

"I heard you trained that Squadron for me when I left. Thanks, I owe you." He says. "How'd they turn out?"

I smile, tucking my hands behind my back.

"You'll be happy to hear that your Daughter graduated first in her class." I say. "She's a natural."

He smiles. His eyes grow cold and he spots Finn beside me.

"Big-Deal, what are you still doing here? I thought you were going to find some help." Han says.

Finn nods, looking at me.

"Poe wanted to stop and speak with you. But, as soon as we're done, I'm going straight to the General to talk about Elyse." He says.

My heart stops in my chest, my blood running cold. Did he say Elyse? Did I hear him correctly? I turn and look back at Han.

"Did he say Elyse?" I ask, an eyebrow raised. "Like your Elyse?"

Han nods, biting down on his lip. I squeeze my eyes shut tight and clench my fists. I knew it. I knew it.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask. "I'll take you right now. Follow me."

I lead Finn through the Hanger, my fists still clenched tightly, leading him into the bridge. Groups of pilots cheer and laugh with one another over the victorious battle, but they don't know what's happening behind the scenes. They don't know who's pulling the strings and setting the stage. We enter the Bridge, approaching the main hologram table.

"General Organa," I say, weaving my way through a group of Majors speaking with her. "I'm sorry to interrupt. This is my friend, Finn. He has an urgent request and needs to speak with you right away."

She directs her attention to Finn and raises her eyebrows.

"That was a very brave thing you did back there—renouncing the First Order, saving this man's life." Leia says.

Finn nods, exhaling sharply.

"Thank you, but I actually need your help." He says.

She nods, standing from her seat.

"I'll be happy to help with anything you need, but first, we need you to tell us all that you know." She says.

"Elyse was taken by the First Order," I say, the words escaping my throat quicker than I meant.

Leia turns her head to look at me, eyebrows raised, eyes wide, lips parted. A light in her eyes fades and she's terrified.

"My Elyse?" She asks. "She's gone?"

I nod, looking at Finn.

"Finn says the First Order got her." I say.

"It was him, Leia," Han says somberly. "It was him."

Leia's eyes grow cold and dark, her skin now wet with tears. I turn and look at Finn, nodding.

"We'll let you two talk, then we'll come back." I say, escorting Finn away to allow Leia and Han their privacy.

Finn raises his brows, then furrows them in confusion as we walk away from Han and the General.

"Who were they talking about? Who is 'Him'?" He asks.

I exhale and shrug, leaning back against the wall momentarily.

"A few years ago, the entire family went through a huge traumatic expereince that practically tore them apart. Han hasnt been back for five years." I say. "Elyse has an older brother--he's the root of the reason they fell apart. Five years ago, he tried to kill elyse while they were training. He turned to the dark side and followed the First Order. No one in the family can reach him. He's too far gone."

Finn's eyes grow dark as he thinks and realizes the situation.

"Kylo-Ren. He's the brother, isn't he?" Finn asks.

I nod.

"Yes, he is. The General and the Sergeant lost a son that day, Elyse a brother. But the people around base lost something too--hope. Elyse and Ben were trainibg to be Jedi, bring the balance back to the scle of good and evil. When Ben attacked Elyse, she left the lifestyle behind forever. But, recenty, it's been calling back to her in visions. She knew Kylo-Ren was going to kill that man in the village."

Finn exhales sharply, shaking his head.

"I hope she's alright." He says quietly. "She seemed pretty shaken up over your death."

"What do you mean?" I ask, an eyebrow raised as I examine him.

He's dark-skinned with a glistening chocolate completion. He has a friendly composure and I know to trust him entirely.

"When I told her you died in the crash, she went silent. Like something bad had happened—something personal." He says. "It was as if losing you was like dying herself."