• 𝘹𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

WILL POE STILL ACCEPT ME FOR ME AFTER I'VE LIED TO HIM ALL THESE YEARS? I sure hope so

WILL POE STILL ACCEPT ME FOR ME AFTER I'VE LIED TO HIM ALL THESE YEARS? I sure hope so. He's my best friend... if anything, I'd hope he would still talk to me. But if not, I understand. You can't lie to someone for five years an expect everything to stay the same after you finally tell the truth...
— Elyse Organa-Solo

Poe raises one messy eyebrow, then approaches me. He places his large, warm hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes cautiously.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I grab his hand, exhaling sharply. I ask him to sit on the bed, allowing me to pour my heart and soul out on a silver platter for him. I have to find a way to make this story easily palatable and easy to understand.

"Remember five years ago how you saved me?" I ask.

He laughs, nodding slowly.

"Of course I do, that's the reason we met." He says.

I look away for a moment, wringing my hands together.

"And do you remember how I was training to be a pilot? That's why I joined the academy?" I ask.

He nods. I cup my face with my hands, pacing back and forth through the bedroom. He stands, stopping me, cupping my face with his warm, tanned hands.

"Elyse, he says, take a breath. Tell me what's going on." He says.

My eyes sting with tears, a dam I've created to hide my past for this long is finally breaking within me. I exhale slowly, wiping the tears from my face.

"I've lied to you all this time," I whisper, looking up at him. "I was never training to be a pilot. I was never in aviation on Yavin IV. Instead, I was training for something else. I was training, with Ben and Luke, to be a Jedi. I wanted to pursue the last of my ancestors, prove that my name means something other than a Jedi who betrayed his people and later killed nearly every single one of them. I couldn't stand for that."

He raises an eyebrow, staring down at me. I groan, backing away from him, running my hands through my hair.

"I've hated myself everyday for lying to you for so long. I never wanted to hurt you. So, if you want to hate me too, that's fine. I just need you to hear me out." I say.

He opens his mouth, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Elyse, who said I would hate you?" He asks.

My heart stops for a second.

"I could never hate you, even after a lie like that. We all have secrets." He says.

I smile, healing sharply with relief.

"I just couldn't hold it on anymore," I say.

He nods.

"I know." He says.

I raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean you know?" I ask.