• 𝘹𝘭𝘪𝘪𝘪 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

MY ONLY WISH today is to make it out alive

MY ONLY WISH today is to make it out alive. I can't let Ben win, not after all he's done, all the people he's killed, and all the damage he's caused. I owe it to myself as well as the rest of the galaxy to prove that I worth something. I am more than the legacy of Ben Solo. I owe this to Poe. I am more than enough.
— Elyse Organa-Solo

I run through the halls of the base, cautious about who or what I may run into. If Ben finds me, I don't know if I could withstand his power again. He is so powerful. I didn't realize that in just five years, he could become so strong. I know that Poe was strong, he was able to deflect many mind tricks before, but Ben made him snap so quickly. I wonder what he made him see. What he forced into his head to torture him. Was it me? Was it my parents? No. It was his mother. His mother was so close with him. Hell, he joined the resistance as a pilot because of her past. He never talked much about her, but I know how important she was to him. Maybe one day, if I make it out of here alive and when this is all over, I can visit his father and hear more about her. From what my parents tell me, she was lovely. I round a corner, quickly sensing a familiar presence. Shit. I hold up my blaster, gasping sharply. Two hands grab my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. When I open them, I am greeted by kind eyes. Finn. I look at him in shock and spot Chewie and my father.

"What are you all doing here?" I ask, shocked.

Finn smiles, looking over at my father. He has the same crooked smile he's had ever since I was little. It's always been comforting to see him smile, especially after all these years apart. My chest feels warm with relief, a comforting sensation as I realise that my likelihood of survival has just significantly increased. Chewie growls and I smile at Finn, pulling him into a hug. He truly has become a great asset and an even greater friend in the short time I've known him.

"What did he say?" He asks, breaking the hug now.

I smile and tuck my blaster away in my belt.

"He said this was a rescue mission. And that it was your idea." I state, looking to my dad now.

I hug him tightly, savoring this moment with him. I've hugged him a handful of times since our reunion on the Falcon, but none like this. I can feel the ache in him--the way he blames himself for Ben.

"It was never your fault," I whisper to him as he smooths his hand over my hair. "No one blames you for what happened."

He kisses my hair and nods, smiling again.

"Thank you, Starlight." He says, calling me by my nickname from eons ago.

I haven't heard him call me that in over ten years. I worry he sensed something in me long ago that even I don't recognize. What if he sensed that I too would turn? We start to run through the halls, finding an exit to the outside. The bitter cold bites at my skin as the thin button down I wear now barely breaks the chill of the wind. Finn removes Poe's jacket, handing it to me.