𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳...

FIVE YEARS AGO, tragedy struck, and Ben Solo disappeared

FIVE YEARS AGO, tragedy struck, and Ben Solo disappeared. Ben, my only brother, was technically dead, killed by the monster that lives within him now, Kylo-Ren, dark knight of the First Order. His mind was warped by Snoke. He was told that, in order to achieve what he wanted, to finish what our Grandfather started, he must leave all that kept him in the light and join the dark side of the force. Of course, when he tried to kill me, I thought differently. Five years ago, Ben died, but Five Years Ago, Poe Dameron saved my life. And I owe everything I have now to him.
     — Elyse Organa-Solo

The sky is dark, pitch black almost, only warmed up by the fire from the villager's homes down below on the ground. The moons offer no light tonight, allowing a secret trade to happen within the hut of the eldest villager, an older man with an alliance to the cause. Although it is unknown what he trades off, it is known that he trades it off to a Commanding Pilot within the Resistance, the best of the General's soldiers.

A small spherical droid sits at the outskirts of the village, his outline barely detectable in the dark, his presence only noticed because of the alarming sequence of quiet beeps he makes to himself. He rolls further, zooming in on the sky with his optical lense. Yes, it is as his master feared, what his master warned him to keep an eye out for.

The droid retreats back into the village, rolling through rows of huts, slamming his way through a curtain of wooden tubes tied to string. He beeps quickly, almost unrecognizably to his master, who asks him to slow down and repeat everything he's just said. He does so and watches his Master's expression change quickly. He stands, stepping out of the hutch, using a large set of binoculars to examine the sky, confirming the droid's statement.

The Commander Pilot warns the old villager to hide, but instead receives a warning to leave. He takes the warning seriously, and runs through the village, shouting to his droid to keep up. They climb into his aircraft, but fail to lift off of the ground before the engine is shot and fried by an enemy in pursuit.

They climb out, exchange a few words, the Pilot hands something to the droid, says another few words, then disappears into the chaos. A man in a black robe walks through the village, finds the old man, and drags him to the center of the village.

The chaos dies down for a moment, allowing the old man to speak to the man in black. The longer they talk, the more agitated the man in black grows, suddenly causing tragedy to strike... the man in black raises his arm, a blade made of fire slicing the old man in half, killing him.

The Pilot, unable to control his emotions after the death of the old man who helped him retrieve something very important to his cause, runs after the man in black. The man in black retrieves his blade of fire again, raises it to the pilot's throat, then slices through his neck slowly and painfully, causing the Pilot to squirm.

The blade cuts the hair on the pilot's neck, then touches the skin, then cuts through that. After the skin, the blade slices through the Pilot's Adam's apple, then into his trachea, allowing the Pilot to choke and gasp for air, the screaming stopped. Once the blade goes through the trachea, it goes through his esophagus, then quickly and painlessly, ends the Pilot's life with a sharp slice through his spinal cord and out the back of his neck, decapitating the Pilot.

I sit up, a scream echoing out through my mouth before I suppress it with my hands. Tears drip down my face, rolling down my chin onto my neck.

"What was it this time?" My mother asks, sitting at the foot of the bed. I exhale, running my hands through my hair, scorching back in the bed, balling my knees up to my chest.

"It's been the same one as always. The exact same." I whisper, covering my eyes.

I can feel that she stands when the pressure of the bed adjusts beneath me, then readjusts closer to my feet.

"Poe and Ben again?" She asks.

I open my eyes, nodding.

"Mom, this isn't a dream, this is a vision. I'm telling you, don't let him leave. He's going to die." I whisper.

She shakes her head, a small sigh escaping her purses lips.

"I have to, Elyse, Poe is the only one skilled enough to get what we need." She says. "This mission changes everything."

I exhale sharply, looking up from my hands.

"I wanna speak with him before he goes. He deserves to know the truth." I say.

She raises an eyebrow.

"The truth? You mean the truth truth?" She asks.

I nod, pulling back the comforter. She stands, taking my hands.

"I'm gonna go find him. You go clean up a little bit." She says.

I nod. She leaves my apartment, allowing me to step into my bathroom. I wash my face, then brush my teeth and hair. My heart is pounding in my chest. I can't stop him from going. Poe is destined to die by my Brother's hand. I can't let that happen... The door to my apartment opens and my heart plummets into my stomach. I can hear his boots gently tapping the hardwood as they walk through the hall, take the left turn to my bedroom, and stand in the doorway of the bedroom, waiting for me. I step out of the bathroom, spotting him staring at me. It's been Five years since that awful night, five years since a twenty-one year old Pilot flew halfway across the galaxy and saved a nineteen year old girl he barely even knew. Now, at twenty six years old, Poe looks just as attractive as he did from day one. His hair, trimmed a little shorter than it was five years before. His dark eyes although deep and icy, actually hold warmth and joy within them. He's grew a little taller, but stopped just shy of 6'3". I'm now twenty-four years old, thinking about my older brother who should be turning twenty six in a few months. I stopped growing when I was seventeen, stopping just shy of 5'8", not an entirely drastic height difference, but enough to make me notice how much shorter I am than Poe. Through the past five years, Poe has become my closest friend and one of the few remaining people I can cry to without being embarrassed. I graduated from the Aviation academy first in my class, thanks to Poe's wisdom and instruction.

"Hey," He whispers, "I'm going on a new mission."

I nod, placing my hands in my pockets.

"I heard," I whisper back. "And I don't think you should go."

He raises an eyebrow, stepping closer to me.

"Why not?" He asks.

I sigh, looking down at the ground, then clench my hands into fists tightly.

"Poe, there's something I have to tell you..." I whisper.