• 𝘹𝘹 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

"BEN, please

"BEN, please." I stammer, my voice echoing back and forth inside my skull. "Ben, please don't go this way. Please don't do this."

He stands in a dark room, barely visible, all I can see is a silhouette of his figure. His appearance holds no light within him anymore—Ben has changed.

"Why are you here? How are you here? I told you to stay away." He says.

We stand across from one another, divided by a fine line of light and dark energy.

"Ben, we can talk about this. Just come home, we can sort things through. You don't have to do this."  I say, tears dripping down to my chin.

His voice is deep, gravelly and rough. He holds zero tenderness within him, his hands twisting into tight fists.

"My name is not Ben." He growls out, rough and scratchy. "The Dark-Side has been kind to me—better than the Resistance ever could. I've been renamed here. Given a new identity."

I raise an eyebrow, staring at his ever-changing silhouette. Ben has changed... and not for the better.

"They're using you, Ben. Once they get what they want, they'll throw you aside. They always do." I say.

He laughs, shaking his head. His voice has gotten so deep. His laugh is no longer joyous, it's devilish.

"No, sister, the Resistance is using you. Once they find out the location of the First Order, they'll toss you aside and move onto the next ally they've got until there are no more. Leia and Han are using for intel, isn't that obvious?" He says.

I shake my head, tears trailing even faster now.

"Ben, listen to yourself! You've gone mad! The Dark side has possessed you and now you've followed their orders and done their biddings. You've changed." I say.

"My name is not Ben!" He screams, his voice echoing loudly into my ears.

My throat feels tight and the choking sensation from the day at the temple crushes my throat, bringing more tears to my eyes.

"Your Name is Ben Solo, son of Leia and Han. Your Mother is General Leia Organa, a Princess who's Adoptive Father was Senator Bail Organa, but who's real father was Anakin Skywalker. Your Father is Sergeant Han Solo, a former wanted Smuggler who ran from the law but, after meeting our mother, changed for Good. Our parents give a damn about you. Don't go and throw that away for what, a new name?" I ask.

He laughs again, raising something in his right hand, his left still holding my throat tightly.

"Not just a new name," He says, squeezing my throat tighter. "They also gave me this."

He raises his right hand, igniting a light saber. This one is red, with three prongs, one stretching out forwards, and two short prongs stretching out to the right and left of the saber. It feels like we're miles apart, but when he lifts the saber, I can feel the heat stretching out towards me. Ben releases my throat, dropping me for the first time in What feels like hours.

"Step into the light," I say, standing on my feet. "Show what you've really become."

"You won't like what you see, little sister. It might scare you, what you're about to see." He says.

"I'm not a child anymore, Ben. Don't treat me like one." I say.

He steps out of the light, exposing a weathered, tattered face. His eyes are dark, yet full of conflict.

"You haven't made your choice yet," I say, my throat sore from the choking sensation. "There's still conflict in you, Ben."

He laughs loudly now, his hysterical laughter echoing around the scape. He raises his hand, squeezing it tightly

"I said that my name isn't Ben!" He screams, choking me again, this time lifting me off of the ground. "My name is Kylo-Ren! You will refer to me by that name only from here on out!"

I fight him, screaming as I try to make him let me go. My voice echoes through the scape, bouncing back and forth off of the walls of the never-ending room.

* * * * *

The light causes my head to throb, but I stare at the ceiling. My throat aches, pounding like my head.

"Poe?" I ask, training my eyes on the ceiling, examining all of the dots on the ceiling tiles.

Poe sits beside me in a chair, holding a book. He lifts his eyes from the book, dropping it in his seat, standing. He approaches me, standing beside the bed.

"Hey. I'm here." He says, placing his hand on top of mine.

I turn my head, my eyes stinging with tears as I try to hold them back.

"Please don't leave me alone." I say. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

He nods, a smile on his face.

"Of course." He says. "I promise."

He walks to the door, waving to Marlene.

"Can you go get Han and Leia? She's awake." He says, returning back to my bedside. "They should be here soon."

I nod, chewing on my bottom lip nervously.

"What happened to me, Poe?" I ask, looking up at him.

He crouches beside me, waiting for my parents to show up.

"En Route back to Base, your stitches tore open and you lost a lot of blood. You've been asleep for a while." He says. "Leia asked me to stay with you in case you woke up."

I smile at him, sighing out sharply.

"Poe, you're a very kind and considerate man. I'm sorry I doubted you so much in the beginning." I say.

He smiles, shaking his head.

"You've been through a lot. You're allowed to have doubts." He says.

My parents enter the room, stopping in the doorway. My father's eyes are red and puffy. Poe stands, letting go of my hand.

"I'll give you guys some privacy. I'll just be in the hall if you need me." He says, grabbing his book off of his seat.

"Poe?" I ask, causing him to turn around and look at me. "Thank you."

He smiles, nodding. He steps into the Hall, closing the door behind him, leaning against the wall, cracking his book open again. My parents stare at me, their eyes red. My mother climbs into the bed with me, sitting on one side of me, my father on the other. My mother takes my hand, sighing.

"Mom," I say sadly, squeezing her hand. "Ben is gone."

Tears trail down her cheeks and she nods, sighing out sharply.

"I know. In all honesty, he was gone long before you left." She says.

I wrap my arms around her, my father wrapping his arms around the both of us.

"I love you guys." I sob out.

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝘱. 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘯On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara