“Corazon! Harbinger-san!” Diamante called to the two, making them look over their shoulders, Vipera Glaive! Diamante’s sword began to ripple thanks to the Devil Fruit he ate, and it shot towards Corazon and Daisuke.

However, before the snake-like sword could hit Corazon, Daisuke deflected the wiggling blade with a throwing knife he had in his hand, using it as a dagger.

As the two ran towards the Barrels Pirates’ hideout, Lao G jumped from the roof, startling both as he attempted to punch them.

Corazon jumped back into Trebol as Daisuke dodged to the side, effectively giving the bunny ear-wearing man—Lao G the chance to land a roundhouse kick to Daisuke’s chest.

The kick hit Daisuke’s already injured ribs, making the young boy cry out in pain as blood flew from his mouth and his body rocketed into the brick exterior of the hideout.

Daisuke’s knife escaped from his hand, the black-steel blade getting lost in the piling snow.

DAIKO!” Corazon cried, but was stopped by Trebol’s sickly laugh.

“Corazon!”

Corazon looked behind him with wide eyes as Trebol laughed again, raising his finger to produce his sticky, flammable mucus. Yes, he ate that Devil Fruit. The one Daisuke always thought was disgusting, the Beta Beta no Mi.

Sticky Launcher! Small light blue-coloured balls of mucus flung towards Corazon, exploding once they made contact with his body. The blonde’s body hit the wall behind him, dealing a good deal of damage to his back.

“Cora-san!” Daisuke grunted out worriedly, trying to get to his feet whilst holding his ribs, yet Lao G was there to stop him again.

Lao G let out a cry as he went to punch Daisuke, only for Daisuke to use his smaller kid size to slide under the older man’s legs. Once he was behind Lao G, he slashed at the karate master man’s back with another knife he quickly pulled from his pocket.

As Corazon attempted to confront Diamante, Trebol, and Machvise, a hand materialised from the wall, grabbing Corazon’s body and crushing it. “I got you!” Pica’s unnaturally high voice barked as his head also materialised from the wall.

Corazon’s screams of pain made Daisuke’s eyes widened. “Cora-san! Let go of him, you bastard!” He ran towards Pica with his knife at the ready.

“Diamante!” Pica called, completely disregarding Daisuke as he tossed Corazon’s body to Diamante, making Daisuke stop in his tracks.

“Oh yeah!” Diamante cheered on as he pulled out a red ribbon, using his Devil Fruit abilities to make it harden into a bat that he then used on Corazon, smacking him square in the gut.

His body rolled around in the snow before coming to a halt. Daisuke rushed towards Corazon, kneeling by his side as Pica came out of the wall, his body going back go its regular fleshy self.

“Oi, Cora-san! You’re okay, right?!” Daisuke asked worriedly as Corazon forcefully rolled himself onto his back.

He then laughed. “Ouch... I’m alright, Daiko.” He said with pain heavy in his voice. He then turned his head, Daisuke following his gaze to see Diamante, Machvise, Gladius, Lao G, Trebol, and Pica.

Machvise, Trebol, and Diamante all darkly chuckled at Corazon’s and Daisuke’s suffering while Pica, Gladius, and Lao G scowled at them.

In response, Corazon chuckled warmly. Gladius kicked Corazon in the gut with his black heeled boot, making Corazon cry out in pain again. “You jerk! Why have you been pretending that you can’t talk?!”