I huff, setting the pringles on the table. Chi sighs, rolls her eyes and stands. My mouth pulls into a small smile when she heads in the direction of one of the rooms, her hips swaying from side to side. Laughter bubbles in the pit of my belly and dies in my throat when I remember Chi's choice of outfit.

She is wearing a red tank top and jean bum shorts. Her flawless, fair, slim thighs are out on display for anyone who cares to see. Anyone like Paul. I gasp and a hand goes to cover my mouth, what have they been up to? Why did she invite Paul over and then dress that way? Is she trying to seduce him? I shake my head; they are just best friends.

The thought doesn't sit well with me but for now, I am not in a position to say or do anything about it. I want to be the only female Paul calls his best friend, I want to know the name of his favourite pringles without having to ask anyone. I want to kiss him and have him kiss me back in the same manner, I want to touch him again.

Clearing of a throat pierces through my subconscious and my eyes lift to Chi. A sigh of disappointment leaves me when I see she's alone. She notices this, winks and giggles as she sets a tray in front of me.

"I'm not a visitor," I say when she drops the steaming plate of food on the tablemat with a care I will expect from a trained server. "You didn't have to start cooking for me."

My mouth waters at the sight of the meal before me and my insides knot violently. I pick up the fork to have a taste of the diced yam, sighing in approval at the crispiness.

"This one thinks I cooked for her," Chi says between giggles and I laugh out loud. "It's Paul's handwork. You skipped lunch today again and he noticed. He doesn't know you are watching your figure, your figure ten."

The fork hangs mid-air, I stare at the fried yam, frown, and insert it into my mouth.

"I'm not watching my weight," I say with an eye roll. Between Chi and I, I can't say for sure who's slimmer but I am taller. "I don't even have any figure to watch. I just forgot."

After tendering my apology to Mr Adams, he put me in charge of a new project. It's a lot of work, also time-consuming but I have to put my money where my mouth is. I can do it and I will do it, I deserve my position here at Pavilion. I am fit to be a manager.

Lunch is something I can always catch up on at any point in the day. Besides, I had a heavy breakfast, all thanks to Paul. If he is so concerned about me, he can come to check up on me himself, he knows where to find me. I am always locked up in my office.

"You always forget to eat," Chi murmurs.

My shoulder sags, I dip the yam into the fish sauce and chew slowly. "I won't forget again. You too, start coming to drag me."

Chi's reply to that statement never comes because Paul joins us at that moment. He clears his throat upon arrival and the shock of seeing him causes me to start choking on my meal. Someone pats me on the back, I cough and tear up, accepting the glass of water shoved in my face with gratitude.

"Do you want more water?" Paul asks when I set the empty cup on the table. His hand is resting on the small of my back and sparks dance on my body at the small contact.

"Yes, please," I respond with a nod.

Paul picks the empty glass cup, makes to leave but Chi snatches it from him. "Stay. I'll get it." Then she walks out of the dining.

We wait in silence for Chi to return, seconds turn to minutes but she's nowhere in sight. Paul sighs, he is still standing behind me and his hands are resting on the chair.

"You can sit here," I say and tap the empty chair by my right. "You don't have to stand."

"I don't mind standing, thank you."