Once the minute was up, the pastor had continued on

///

"Proverbs 3:5-6 recites 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.' During these times, you may feel confused, even lost, but God has a reason and a plan for everything, and everyone. He knows where these experiences will take us, and how we are going to get through them. But you must place all your faith and trust in him."

///

"In Isaiah 53:4, the Bible states, 'Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.' You are never alone in your time of grief. Others have felt or will feel the same types of sorrow with you and the same hope that you will come out of this stronger, or come out at all. Don't be afraid to use more of god's people for your comfort. Your family, your friends, and god are all by your side."

///

When the service was over, Luke and Christian were some of the first to leave. Normally, Christian would stay and talk to some of the people who sat through the services with him, while Luke would go to the lower levels of the church with some of the others and eat the complimentary food.

Today, church had ended late, and Christian didn't want to have the 'I'm sorry for your loss' talk with anybody really.  Plus, the brunet man had lunch with his sister. Every Sunday was the same.

First, Christian and Luke went to Church, then they would meet up with Delainey for lunch at the precinct since, even on Sunday's, the detective was always busy, then, for a few hours they went to rehearsals and led dance lessons for the youngers. Usually, they would go home right after that, but on occasion Christian stopped by the gym for an hour or two before going home.

///

Las Vegas Precinct
9:45 am   

Detective Delainey Walker was in her office when a knock sounded on the door. Unlike her brother, Christian, Delainey didn't go to church on Sunday's anymore. She hadn't since she moved out of the house years ago.

The last few days, the woman threw herself into work, even if it meant working on her parent's case. The girl was of course sad, but probably not as sad as others when their parents died. She despised her parents for what they did to her brother, and for the way she had treated their kids all their life.

When the door opened, the receptionist, who doubled as Walker's assistant was on the other side. Delainey looked at her, and she immediately smiled, before she said what she had come to say.

"The BAU is here miss." Delainey nodded, with a small thank you, before the receptionist walked away while she stood up from her desk. Delainey walked out of her small office space, and down the hallway into the main room. She smiled as she approached a black haired man in a suit, accompanied by 3 other people who she had yet to look at.

"Detective Delainey Walker, thanks for coming."

"SSA Aaron Hotchner. These are SSA's David Rossi," He said while introducing the older male, to which the women shook his hand with a small smile, "Emily Prentiss," He introduced the dark haired women, while again, Delainey shook her hand with a smile, "Our communications liaison, Jennifer Jareau," repeating the process with a small handshake and a smile, Delainey turned to the last person and her smile immediately dropped, while her face hardened. "And lastly, Dr. Spencer Reid." Spencer looked down at his feet while Delainey scanned him over. He looked different obviously, his hair wasn't gelled down, and he was taller. "The last member of our team should be here shortly. He's visiting the latest crime scene."

"Spencer." The female gritted out through her teeth.

"Delainey..." Spencer replied smally, what was he meant to say? He deserved how she was acting. In truth, Delainey didn't hate the man, he hated what she did to her brother and what had happened after he left. The rest of the team looked at them in confusion before Delainey cleared her throat, and started walking the other direction until she got to a doorway.

"You guys can use this room, I had some of my officers clean it out. It should be big enough for you all." The Agents nodded and walked into the room to get started, while the detective left back to her office. How was she gonna explain this to Christian without him breaking down?"

In the other room with the agents, they were all looking at Reid weirdly as he started the victimology, as if he felt their stares, he turned around with a sigh. "I'm not gonna explain if that's what you guys want. All I'm saying is I deserved that. Probably more than that." He replied, mumbling the last part.

Would Chris need to believe in god more or less in order to get through what was coming at him?

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

this seems like it took like 20 minutes to write and it probably did, but i honestly don't go to church anymore, i went once last year but i don't remember anything, so i sorta just put some snip-it's in there.

but anyways, i hope you enjoyed. i usually update like every day. and i know like nobody reads this so i'm technically talking to myself, but, if i don't it usually means that i just forget to upload the chapter or i was way too busy. Usually, the chapters are written like 2 days in advance, sometimes just a day, but usually they're written a little before i post them.

as soon as i post one chapter, i usually start working on the other one or i start working on finishing the other one.

i love you all, and i hope you enjoyed me being a sort of non christian and trying to write this chapter.

chapter six is done, and will probably be posted later or tomorrow.