Chapter 17: Search for the Enemy

Skylar POV

The rest of the day went on as such. As was the ride home. Hiro didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. He must've been mad that I'm going to find this guy, then get myself in danger.

"Well, as long as he's not in harm's way." I thought. I'd hate to see him the clutches of evil. When I got home, I just chilled with my phone and planned on the hunt for finding that creep tonight. And hoped that Hiro or anyone else would not intervene on my plans.

"Okay. So, the last time I followed that guy, I sensed some sort of dark vibe for his presence. So, if I can sense that feeling of negative energy again, it could lead me to him again! Genius! Hopefully, it'll work. If it doesn't unlike last time, then I'll never find the dude!" I thought to myself. My plans were interrupted by the sound of my mom's call for me to come to dinner: udon noodles and her homemade miso soup.

I ate the warm and delicious meal, then went back up to begin my plans for the confrontation. I ditched my entire day outfit, and changed into the crop-top and cami, dark blue jeans, and my sneakers. Tied my hair back in ny signature fluffy half-fishtail braided ponytail and my gray hoodie, grabbed my phone, and my Hovatron. I opened the door a crack and looked out to see my sister absorbed in her favorite horror film: Insidious 2. She jumped out of her seat when all the ghost girls in white we're charging after the boy stuck in his bed, trying to keep them away. As I crept down the stairs to the door, I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture and smirked to myself.

"So going on Instagram!" I thought. As soon as I reached the door.

"Don't you dare!" I heard my sister shout and I froze in my tracks. I thought she had caught me trying to sneak out in the middle of the night. And it was only 6:30!

"What did I tell you? I knew she would end up getting killed!" I breathed a small sigh of relief and I quietly slipped out the door and closed it noiselessly behind me. I took off down the steps and the street and into the night, zooming by on my hoverboard, like a ninja ready to face a samurai.

Hiro POV

At home, I felt really uncomfortable with the thought that Skylar was going up against a powerful man we only encountered once. but her words stung me like ice today:

" 'No, Hiro! It's you! You don't have any idea what he can do to you and the others! I'm not gonna put you guys in danger! I need to face this dude myself even if it kills me!' "

Her words kept echoing in my head forever. Until Baymax interrupted my thoughts.

"Hello, Hiro! You seem to be displaying emotions of sadness and worriedness. what seems to be the trouble?" Baymax waddles in and looked at me.

"Oh. I-it's nothing Baymax. I'm just concerned about Skylar. She's going up against this dude we encountered in an abandoned factory. And I'm worried she might be killed if she faces him." I sat in thought and suddenly, I decided that enough was enough.

"That's it! I can't take it! I'm going to help Skylar face this dude so she can't get killed." I said as I tugged in my sneakers. Then, Baymax suddenly chirped up,

"I shall contact your friends for help in this said, 'encounter'." then, everyone's picture came up on Baymax's stomach and I tried to intervene to stop him from contacting them.

"No! No! No! No! Baymax!" But it was too late.

"Your friends have been contacted."

"Unbelievable!" I face-palmed my face and shook my head in disbelief.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a few minutes of fixing Baymax into the green-blue-black armor(I wasn't sure what were up against so I wasn't ready to whip out the real deal (a.k.a Baymax's and my armor), but just to be on the safe side.), we waited outside to see any sign of her. And speak of the devil, here she comes, zooming down the street on her hoverboard.