Chapter 30: The MIC

(A/N: the video on top is Queen's Somebody to Love music video. And the song my character, Skylar sings For karaoke! Thumbs up if you love Queen! I know I do!)

Skylar POV

We all hung out at the cafe for quite a while. until we all started falling bored. Even Fred, who claims he is "The Life of the Party"! So, here we were all, dead and bored out of our minds. I fingered the ear accent on my helmet of my armor, and looked at it, deep into thought.

"Not a single peep outta Shadow Man or Callaghan...mayne they're planning an attack soon and we just don't know it!" I thought. "But they've got another thing coming: now that I'm a part of the squad, they won't know what'll hit them!" I was too lost in thought to notice Hiro calling me.

"SKYLAR MIAZAKI!!!" He yelled. And a bit too loud because, next thing that happened, I was startled and swung out my arm unknowingly. Luckily, he ducked when my arm was at least 2 inches from his head, and when my arm passed, it brushed some of his anime-like hair. I looked down to he him squaring down and looking at me, a mix of terror and pissed-offness in his eyes.

"Dude! Chill willya!" Hiro tried to calm me down.

"Well, dude! You nearly gave me a seizure!!!" I fired back.

"Sorry,,its just that you weren't paying attention." Hiro said.

"Oh." I said, in awkward manner. "Uh...s-sorry. I'll focus more! I promise!"

"Okay. Well, me and the others don't really know what to do for the Reston the night. Got any ideas?" He asked me. I thought for a while until it hit me: the MIC!!! We'd have a ton of fun there: karaoke, eating sushi, and they added in a DJ and dance floor!

"What about the MIC?" I ask. everyone thought for a bit, and then they all said,

"Sure!"

"Okay! Let's go!" Hiro motions for us to go.

"Wait! Gotta stop by my house and drop off my stuff!" I motion to my armor.

"We'll come with you!" Honey stands up and pulls Gogo up as well.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, for starters: we need to fix up your outfit, because you're NOT under ANY circumstances going to a karaoke club in that getup." Gogo motions with her finger to my outfit: a black tee with a purple shiny metallic lotus carvings on the side, with swirling accents to represent vines, blue bermuda shorts, and my blue high tops.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I shrug, and they look at me, giving me "really, Sky?" Looks. but all I did was shrug and walk out before they could say another word to me.
~~~~~~~~~at Sky's house~~~~~~~~

"Guys, you don't even know what's in my closet!" I open the door to my room and Gogo and Honey follow in.

"I don't know. I see." Honey emphasizes. she throws open my closet door, and starts rummaging through to find something for me to wear. I sit on the bed and wait for her to finish. Gogo does the same.

"Did she really haveta drag you into this?" I ask her.

"Yea, she did. But hey! I'm used to it." Gogo smirks and lays back on the propped up pillows by the bed frame of my bed.

"Got it!" Honey squeals. "I have the perfect outfit for you!!!" And she runs out to show me what she chose.

Honey's POV

I bring out a cute top that would fit Skylar so beautifully! She stares at it, in awe and shock.

"Honey, I...I-I don't know! Do you really think that would fit me? You sure it won't make me stick out like a sore thumb?" She asks nervously. I throw her a pair of dark jeans and I say,