Pre Appöintment Panic

It's been a few weeks since Christmas and I have an ultrasound appointment. I woke up a few minutes ago and it's now nine thirty in the morning. I know someone is up because I smell food being fixed and coffee. I rolled over and become nose to nose with Mick.

"Mick, baby, it's time to get up. We have a doctor's appointment today." My voice was soft and I kissed him gently.

He opened his eyes and smiled. He kissed me back before I could pull away. I smiled and added more pressure to the kiss. I live for days like this. We pulled apart a few minutes later with smiles on our faces and heavy breathing.

"Okay, well that's at noon. So we have a few hours to spend with the guys and Isaiah."

I smiled, "I was thinking me, you and Isaiah could go out to eat. Make a family day of it. Go to eat breakfast, go to the appointment, go shopping maybe even house hunt."

"Okay. You get ready and I'll go help Isaiah get ready."

I smile and nodded. He got out of bed and pulled on his usual all black outfit with a leather jacket. I smiled at him as he walked out of the room. I truly do not deserve such an amazing guy like him.

I got up and went to our bathroom. I use the bathroom and went to the sink. I washed my hands thoroughly and then washed my face. After I washed my face I brushed my teeth and rinsed my teeth with water followed by mouthwash. Once that was done, I started on my hair. After five minutes of contemplation I finally settled on putting my hair up in a messy bun. It was simple and efficient to keep my hair out of my face as well as keeping the back of my neck cool in the heat of California.

After I was done in the bathroom I walked out to get an outfit. I went into mine and Mick's closet and looked around. None of my shirts fit me anymore so I grabbed one of Mick's Mötley shirts, a pair of my workout leggings and a pair of fresh underwear. I throw the outfit on the bed and started to change. Once I was dressed Mick came in with Isiah on his back. Worry instantly washed over me.

"Aren't you worried about your back?"

Mick just looks at me and speaks, "I am more worried about our children."

I smile, "well, they will be fine. You'll be the best dad I know. I know how you are with Isaiah and when I went through depression over Taylor and Jamie. You're health should be thought of, too, though."

I walk over to him and take Isaiah, throwing him into my back. Mick's stance instantly improved to his normal stance. Though there is sadness in his eyes he also has relief and thankfulness. I kissed his lips softly before walking out the door. Mick follows me and we walk down the stairs together, as a family.

My right arm was under Isaiah's legs to keep him from slipping. My left hand grabbed Mick's right hand and our fingers twined together perfectly. It was as if our hands were meant to hold each other. As we near the end of the stairs I heard the click, pop and whir of a Polaroid camera. Knowing it was probably my stupid brother I looked up with a rude look on my face.

"Nice. Reppin' the merch there sis. Sporting a nice big goober smile, too."

"Vincent! Way to ruin the best moment in my long twenty-one years on this dreadful earth."

Vince just laughs and takes the Polaroid out of the camera. He shakes it tauntingly in front of mine and Mick's faces. My heart froze. I can't imagine what Vince had planned with that picture.

"Wonder if any tabloids are interested in buying this picture. Sure everyone would love to see your sister and our Mick holding hands smiling like dumbasses."

My heart sank at what Nikki said. I guess Vince noticed because I bet my smile fell. I mean I know it fell, my cheeks were relieved from no longer being pulled up in a smile. He looked at he as if I'd hurt his feelings. My eyes welled up and I dropped Mick's hand. I wanted people to know, Mick doesn't. He knows I value my privacy when I'm out alone. He doesn't like I'd lose that.