Welcöme tö Reality

I woke up to hot breath fanning across the back of my neck. It felt nice along with an arm tightly draped over my waist. I didn't want that feeling to go away. I felt safe, secure, happy, and that dream had me longing for a relationship with Mick.

That though made my heart hurt. Knowing that I was probably never going to have that feeling other than in my dream. Dreams are wishes your heart makes, and damn it my heart has some seriously outlandish requests. Even if I was something more than just Vince's annoying little sister to him, I doubt ue feels like I do about him.

I decided to push my thoughts aside and get out my dream journal that was under the bed. I tried hard not to disturb the sleeping man I felt safe with. I turned to a fresh page, dated it, and wrote down everything I remembered about my dream. Even the parts I didn't know if they were true, like Mick's name really being Robert.

After I finished writing my dream down I looked over at Mick. His arm was still around my waist and I felt safe. His face was so peaceful and combine that with his soft breathing I couldn't help but move a stray strand of hair out of his face. My hand lingered a bit longer than I wanted on his cheek. The warmth I'm guessing woke him up.

I smiled softly at him before quickly taking my hand away and looking over to the space between the wall and the side of the bed I was on. I felt completely and utterly embarrassed. What a way to start of the morning. Now I'll never get to talk to him again. That thought made my heart clench.

I cleared my throat so my morning voice would gone and then spoke, "thanks for this. Sleeping on the pull out bed with those two sheet hogs isn't a good night sleep. Anything you need or want since I'm getting up?"

I looked at him as I spoke, knowing he hated when people didn't look at him when speaking to him. He shook his head no and let go of my waist a bit hesitantly. The angle probably helped his back, no big deal. I debated on kissing his temple, like he did in my dream, but strongly chose against it. I didn't want to ruin any chance of friendship by admitting I had feelings for him.

I got up and went into the living room. I heard a news story on the tv.

"A boy, now identified as Jamie Javier Wharton, was found dead in lower Orange county-"

That's all I heard until my own screams and sobs cut the news caster off. My knees went weak and I fell to the ground. My everything. My baby boy. My little JJ. Gone. No doubt at the hands of his father. Found dead two days before his birthday.

I was curled up in a ball, in the hallway, right outside Mick's room, sobbing my everlasting eyes out. Memories of my two years with Jamie flooded my mind, making me cry harder. I heard two doors open, two pairs of feet rushing from the living space and one set of arms wrapping tightly around me.

Nothing matter to me. Nothing but finding Jedidiah and beating him so bad he gives me back Isaiah. The arms around me pulled me up so I was crying into his shoulders. Only Tommy ever did that. Vince always pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around Tommy's neck and held myself up weakly.

"He was only three. Three fuckin years old. About to start preschool. I am going to find his bastard father and kick in his teeth!"

I heard Vince seething. I've never heard him so mad, but he loved his nephews. More than anything. I heard everyone else that didn't go to high school with me mummer about not knowing what was going on. I quickly collected myself and looked at Tommy.

I whispered in his ear, "band meeting.. they deserve to know."

I pulled away from Tommy. He looked at me concerned. I just nodded. He sent a look to Vince and they both looked at me. I nodded again. This interaction probably confused the other three people. Vince helped Tommy up and they both helped me up. They kept grip on me and took me to the living room, blocking my view of the tv so I didn't turn it on again. They set me in a dining chair.