Obi-Wan shared her surprise, as he looked back at his Padawan with a confused frown. "What?" He asked, not quite sure what Anakin was talking about; as well as being surprised that he defied his instructions. 

"Why else do you think we were assigned to her, if not to find the killer? Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. It's overkill, Master. Investigation is implied in our mandate." Anakin justified, his voice full of determination as he was too stubborn to let the Council's request brush over him.

"We will do as the Council has instructed, and you will learn your place, young one." Obi-Wan scolded. 'You will learn your place', Anakin learning his place is like asking a Wampa to go on a diet - it's not going to happen. Jaika shook away her thoughts, glancing between the Master and Apprentice as the tension in the room was almost suffocating. 

Glancing towards Typho who wore an uncomfortable expression on his face, the one eyed man sent her a 'does this always happen?' look, which Jaika returned with a discreet shrug. The tension must have gotten to Padmé too, as she sat uncomfortably in her seated position when Obi-Wan broke away from his conversation to glance back at the Senator. "Perhaps with merely your presence, the mysteries surrounding this threat will be revealed. Now if you will excuse me, I will retire." Padmé spoke, before standing up from the sofa.

Jar-Jar and Dormé also stood up next to her, along with the two Jedi. Jaika observed as Padmé sent the two Jedi a glance before turning on her heel and walking down the hall to where her chambers were situated, closely followed by Dormé. Jaika watched her friend leave, before turning her attention back to Anakin who was looking in the direction that Padmé had disappeared into. 

The stubborn Padawan glanced up at Jar-Jar who was still happy to see Anakin again. "Mesa busten wit happiness seein yousa again, Ani. Deesa bad times, bombad times." Jar-Jar expressed, showing concern about the world around him; which surprised Jaika as the girl had known the Gungan for being completely oblivious to the world around him. While Anakin stood sulking in front of Jar-Jar, Jaika took notice of Obi-Wan who seemed to be checking around the apartment for any security breeches. 

"She didn't even recognise me, Jar-Jar. I thought about her every day since we parted, She's forgotten me completely." Anakin grumbled, a conflicted expression morphing across his face. Jaika rolled her eyes at her brother's dramatic demeanor, he always had to make things seem far worse than they actually were. "Shesa happy. Happier den mesa see-en her in longo time." Jar-Jar persuaded, in attempt to lighten Anakin's mood.

Moving away from her fixed position against the door-frame, Jaika walked closer to where Anakin and Jar-Jar stood. "You certainly haven't changed." Jaika expressed, stopping beside Jar-Jar as she let out a slightly amused sigh. Anakin quickly acknowledged her presence, before processing what she had said and frowned slightly. "What - What is that supposed to mean?" Anakin asked.

"You're still pathetic." Jaika claimed, smirking up at her brother, deliberately trying to irritate him after the many years that they had spent apart. Anakin's lips dropped open, as he took in Jaika's insult with slight offense that her first greeting towards him was an insult. 

"Pathetic? Wow, Jai, I really expected more of a greeting from you." Anakin stated, looking down at Jaika with a faux disappointed expression. Jaika smirked up at him, amused that her insults managed to penetrate his overly large ego. The girl sensed approaching footsteps from behind her, but kept her focus on her petty sibling. "Would you have preferred a slap in the face to bring you back to reality? Because that can be arranged." Jaika retorted, making Anakin smile slightly as he shook his head at the fact that his sister's wit had definitely grown with her.

Before Anakin could fight back, another voice spoke up, having sensed Anakin's buried emotions. "Anakin, you're focusing on the negative again. Be mindful of your thoughts. She was glad to see us. Now lets check the security here." Obi-Wan instructed, keeping his gaze set on his Padawan.