XXIV

22 BBY 

22 BBY 

Kamino, Rishi Maze

Lacing her fingers together in front of her to contain her nerves, Jaika's gaze moved from her hands to the door in front of her. Taun We reached her long arm forward and pressed one of the buttons beside the door, making a beeping noise ring out. Jaika watched the door with anticipation as it slid open, revealing a boy. "Boba, is your father here?" Taun We asked, the boy glanced up at Tuan We with a disinterested stare. "Yep" the boy replied.

"May we see him?" Taun asked, looking down at the boy with a gentle gaze. The boy looked up at the Kaminoan, before he glanced at the two Jedi with a slightly suspicious look in his eyes. Jaika was stood beside Obi-Wan in silence, discreetly analysing the boy as she noticed the strange aura that surrounded him. "Sure" the boy answered in a disinterested tone.

Before the boy turned around to walk further into the room, he looked both Jedi up and down in an attempt to intimidate them, though it wasn't that effective as the boy must have been around the age of 11. Once the boy turned his back to them, Jaika narrowed her eyes slightly and mentally cursed at the punky kid. 

"Dad, Taun We's here." the kid called out, before walking further into the room. Taun moved out of the way in order to let both Jedi enter the room before her. Walking a few steps behind Obi-Wan, Jaika observed the apartment that was made of the same white tiled surface as the rest of the city. Although the room was extremely bright, Jaika sensed a dark aura roaming around the place; setting Jaika into an alert mentality.

Obi-Wan and Jaika stopped in the biggest part of the room, and stood opposite Taun We and the kid who were stood beside each other. When a door in the distance slid open, all attention turned to a middle aged man, who wore blue clothing that just walked out of a small compartment room. "Jango, welcome back. Was your trip productive?" Taun's soothing voice welcomed, as Obi-Wan bowed towards the man and Jaika quickly following after.

"Fairly." The man answered, stopping in his tracks as he held his hands together in front of him, standing in front of the two Jedi. The moment he stared back at Obi-Wan, Jaika could feel the air grow thick, as she got the impression that Jango would not be easy to work with in this interrogation. 

"This is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Jedi Padawan Jaika Skywalker. They have come to check on our progress." Taun We introduced, motioning towards the two Jedi. Jango kept his eyes on the two Jedi, feeling somewhat tense in their presence. His eyes moved from the Master, down to the Padawan who was draped in similar robes to the Master. Jango felt a small smirk twitch in the corner of his mouth as he took in her electric blue eyes and the light brown hairs that framed her face. 

Jaika noticed the look on Jango's face and concealed the scowl that was threatening to morph across her face; instead she hardened her stare, warning the man not to mess with her. Beside Jaika, Obi-Wan noticed the look that Jango was giving her which made the Master want to get the needed information out of him quickly, so that they could both leave. "Your clones are very impressive. You must be very proud." Obi-Wan spoke, though it was clear to Jaika and Jango, that the two Jedi were not there to look at the clones.