XIX

22 BBYCoruscant

22 BBY
Coruscant

The sound of Jar-Jar's cries echoed through the entire apartment, making Jaika roll her eyes as she knew that the Gungan had not changed at all. Jaika was currently standing beside Padmé and Captain Typho on the balcony of the apartment, looking out at the afternoon sun of Coruscant.

"Senator Padmé, mesa fellows here." Jar-Jar's voice called out, as Jaika sensed two presences enter the main room of the apartment. While Padmé and Captain Typho greeted the new guests in the apartment, Jaika remained in her position on the balcony, scanning the horizon for any suspicious activity. The girl's failure shook Jaika, as the girl had expected her first solo mission to go smoothly; the loss of a few lives made Jaika feel responsible as they were under her supervision. Jaika made sure that there would be no more deaths under her watch, as she knew that Master Plo could only defend her for so long; as well as the fact that Padmé was someone Jaika held close to her heart, like an older sister that Jaika never had. 

Closing her eyes, the girl sensed nothing unusual around the apartment, calming her uneasy demeanor. When Jaika opened her eyes, she could sense the two Jedi who were currently greeting Padmé. The Skywalker girl felt her rib-cage vibrate when she felt the familiar presence that belonged to her brother. 

Glancing over her shoulder, Jaika watched Padmé as she greeted the older Jedi which Jaika barely recognised. She had not seen Obi-Wan in years, after all those years the Jedi had changed in appearance massively. To say Jaika was shocked yet enticed by his now long auburn locks of hair, was a bit of an understatement.

Slowly walking through the door which connected the apartment to the balcony, Jaika stood clear of the two parties, deciding to give them space as she was not there to reunite with friends, but instead to focus on Padmé's life. Even though the Padawan wanted to catch up with the two Jedi, the girl knew where her priorities were.

"...Ani? My goodness, you've grown." Padmé stated, glancing towards the adolescent boy that was stood in front of her. Tearing her gaze away from the city, Jaika glanced towards Obi-Wan's apprentice, her brother. Her eyebrows raised slightly when she took in his changed appearance; she did not recognise him at first, which is saying something as he was her twin. Jaika analysed her brother's face as he stared back at Padmé with adoration in his eyes. Jaika discreetly shook her head, knowing that her brother's small crush had not gone away.

"So have you, grown more beautiful...for a Senator, I mean." Anakin stuttered, making Padmé give him a weird look before smiling brightly at him. Jaika simply rolled her eyes at her brother's failed attempt to woo the Senator who was far out of his league, from Jaika's perspective. "Oh Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine." Padmé answered, making Anakin look down.

Jaika bit lip and turned her head away from the conversation in attempt to hide her laughter, which would draw unwanted attention in her direction. Jaika found it hilarious that Padmé managed to friend zone him the second she started talking to him, even after Anakin's attempts to play it cool and appear smooth. While the girl recovered from her amusement, Jaika suddenly got the sensation as if she were being watched.