XLVII

19 BBYCoruscant, Core Worlds

19 BBY
Coruscant, Core Worlds

It had been a few months since Jaika had come face to face with the Bounty Hunters, and ever since then, the Jedi had taken it upon herself to visit the underworld.

Of course, she would never tell the Jedi Order, as she was aware that tangling within their living affairs was something the council would not approve of, as they liked to dismiss the people who lived on the lower levels.

Jaika tore herself from her thoughts as she continued to walk through the halls of the Jedi Temple. Hiding behind a pillar, she watched as Obi-Wan spoke with Master Yoda and Master Windu, as the three of them stood in front of the entrance to the hanger.

The two elder Jedi bid their farewells to Obi-Wan, who turned to the hanger. Before he could do so, he turned back and observed the surrounding walls and pillars as he let out a small breath. "I know you're there." He spoke as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Obi-Wan watched as Jaika slithered into the light from behind one of the pillars. Jaika wore an unreadable expression as she looked back at the Jedi. "What are you doing?" He questioned as Jaika pushed herself off from the pillar.

"I can't let you leave without a goodbye, can I?" she mused as she approached the Jedi. The man smiled as they both walked into the hanger. Jaika acknowledged the many Ugnauts who worked under the Jedi Order, operating advanced machinery.

They approached a rough looking ship that Jaika had regrettably flown in multiple times. She looked from the ship, back towards the many other fighters that were placed within the hanger.

Jaika looked down at the map that was displayed in front of the ship, communicating its destination. She let out a sigh, "I don't like this." She expressed, as Obi-Wan looked at her.

"I know, but the Order refuses to involve themselves within the matter. I cannot turn a blind eye." Obi-Wan explained, as Jaika sighed. Sometimes, she hated how sympathetic the man was, but then again, she was a hypocrite.

Jaika folded her arms over her chest, "Mandalore is dangerous. If that transmission was correct, and the Monarchy is being overthrown; who knows what could happen, what could happen to you. There's a high chance that they might make you their prisoner, use you at bait for the Republic." Jaika explained, her worry making a small smile form upon Obi-Wan's lips.

Obi-Wan placed a gentle and comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know, I've been there many times before. I am prepared for anything. I will be alright." He comforted as Jaika met his gaze. She let out a sigh and nodded, confirming that she understood that he had to go on the mission.

"Just be smart about it." She requested as he smiled down at her. "Always." He replied as he gently brought his hand up to cup her cheek. He looked down at her worried eyes, which concealed deeper truths, while she looked back at his consoling eyes.