Slowly turning her head towards the people in front of her, Jaika looked over and noticed Obi-Wan glancing towards her with a curious gaze, as if he were trying to work out who she was. Burying her excitement of reuniting with the Jedi that had been kind to her a few years ago, Jaika kept her formalities in the presence of the Senator; as she tilted her chin downwards, giving Obi-Wan an acknowledging nod. 

Still curious as to who the unrecognizable yet familiar Jedi was, Obi-Wan twitched his eyebrows together slightly before returning a respectful nod towards the girl, before ripping his gaze away from her and back onto the Senator. Padmé led her handmaiden, Dormé towards one of the sofas that were placed in the centre of the room. Obi-Wan also joined them, sitting down on the sofa opposite the Senator as his Padawan took a seat next to him, staring intently at the Senator. Enough to make Obi-Wan want to speak to Anakin in private when the Senator leaves the room.

Leaning against the wall, Jaika crossed her arms over her chest as her head turned towards Captain Typho who was stood at the end of the sofa that Padmé was sat on. Turning to the two Jedi, Typho gave them a thankful smile. "I am very grateful that you are here, Master Kenobi. The situation is more dangerous than the Senator will admit." Typho expressed, shooting Padmé a serious glance who returned it with a hard stare. Jaika gave the Captain an affirmative nod, communicating to the man that she agreed with his statement.

"I don't need more security, I have Jaika for that. I need answers. I want to know who is trying to kill me." Padmé claimed, her voice full of determination as she glanced between the two Jedi with serious eyes. The mention of her name, drew Jaika's attention away from the blue carpeted floor and towards the female Senator, who briefly turned around to glance towards the young Jedi.

Jaika wasn't the only one to react to her name. When Anakin heard that familiar name travel through his ears, the boy instantly sat up straighter, before glancing towards the girl who was leaning against the door frame which lead to the balcony. The boy's eyes widened slightly, as his lips parted as he acknowledged his sister's changed appearance, she looked so grown up to him. Jaika noticed her brother's glance and met his gaze before glancing towards Obi-Wan once he spoke up. "We're here to protect you Senator, not start an investigation." The Jedi Master spoke, a slight frown crawling upon his face as he looked towards the stubborn Senator.

Jaika agreed with Obi-Wan. As much as she wanted to go out and hunt down whoever took the lives of the innocent Naboo Guards and Cordé; Jaika knew that her mission was to keep Padmé alive. If the girl went out to find the attacker, then Padmé would be put into more danger. "We will find out who is trying to kill you, Padmé. I promise you." Anakin spoke, looking the Senator in the eye.

Jaika instantly glanced towards her brother, frowning slightly at his action of speaking out. Usually the Padawan was expected to remain silent while the Master would handle all of the negotiating on missions, unless the Padawan was spoken to. Jaika did not know if the rules in their Master-Apprentice relationship were different to the others Jaika had come across; but from looking at Obi-Wan's shocked expression and the fact that it is Anakin, Jaika guessed her brother was still the reckless boy that she had grown up with.

"We are not going to exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner." Obi-Wan addressed, glancing to his side at the stubborn teenager. Feeling an awkward tension arise within the apartment, Jaika moved her gaze towards the carpeted floor once again, as she did not want to be in the room. "I meant in the interest of protecting her, Master, of course." Anakin reasoned, showing his obedience towards Obi-Wan. Without looking at him, Jaika could tell that Anakin's obedience was a facade that was only presented briefly in the presence of others.

"We are not going through this exercise again, Anakin. You will pay attention to my lead." Obi-Wan instructed, before glancing back at Padmé who was looking between the two with a slightly uncomfortable glance. "Why?" Anakin abruptly blurted out, making Jaika snap her head up in surprise.