"He is." I leaned forward. "And with your attitude like that, you'll never be one. It ain't just about money Katorah. We tryna get out the hood, we not just making money for the hell of it. That's why we do this shit, the goal is to get out."

She nodded her head and I stood up, telling August it was time for us to go. Katorah walked us to the door.

"What y'all 'bout to do?"

"Get this money from Herb, Chance, and Jay. Go smoke with Kehlani before she leave again then go chill with them girls."

"Who is them girls?" She smirked.

"His girl and her friend."

We left. It was an easy transition to get my money from the boys. They were so anxious for a new pack I just had to give it to 'em. Regardless I was getting my money.

When we made it to the curb that Kehlani was renting, some dude stopped me at the gate. I rolled down the window.

"Yeah?"

"I'm the valet. Ms. Parrish is waiting for you inside."

"I'm good, open up the gate."

He nodded his head, opening the gate.

I wish I would let somebody drive my Maserati, especially with kilos of dope and duffel bags of money. I wish I would.

I parked the car right in front of the house. August and I hopped out and walked in the house seeing that she'd already started without us.

"Yo Houdini, what's with all the smoke?" I asked, I sat down next to her and she immediately handed me the blunt. "Now why you go out and rent this big ass house when you know damn well you're about to leave?"

"Go big or go home." She winked.

We sat there and smoked about six blunts between the three of us, talking about business and how we were gonna be just like Kehlani. She made it out early and she had no plans of coming back, I just knew when I got out, I was going right where she was in San Diego.

"We gotta go." August said, slowly patting my thigh.

"He right, we had the girls waiting for hours. I know they mad." I laughed.

"You can drive like that?" Kehlani asked and I nodded my head.

"It was nice seeing you girl, we gon' be out there with you real soon. Give me two years."

"I got you. I'll see you there."

When we left, August was on the phone with Ari the whole time. I knew the nigga was getting cussed the fuck out. That woman don't play. She cusses that man out about everything but he liked it.

We made it back to Queens and to Ariana's crib quicker than we were supposed to. When I'm riding around in this thing, I'm a speed racer.

They were waiting outside. I smiled when I saw her fine ass. She looked so good in the white crop top and black leggings. Her hair was a vibrant red, making her simple makeup shine on her face.

"Aye playboy, stop drooling." August teased.

"I'm just looking."

"You looking real hard."

I unlocked the doors so that they could get in. Onika sat behind me and Ari sat behind August.

"Hey Bey." Ari smiled at me and I waved. I saw her nudge Onika and she rolled her eyes. "Nic says hello too."

"She got a mouth."

I watched in the mirror as she rolled her neck at me and turned to look out the window. I smirked. "Where we going?"