chapter 21

TWENTY • ONE:
a revealed truth
♠️

"I don't care what kind of reason you have anymore, nothing you say or do is going to make my feelings for Blaze just vanish..."

ellie

When she woke up, Ellie had one of her cheeks pressed to Blaze's chest while his arm was wrapped protectively around her waist. Soft snores left his lips every so often and she could not help but smile to herself, stretching as best as she could in the position she was in. Blaze pulled her closer, shifting in his sleep before his body went still again.

Instinctively, her hand went up to hit jet black hair, running her fingers through its messiness before moving her hand down to his growing stubble, rubbing his bottom lip with her thumb. As her hand continued moving down, she could feel the rise and fall of his chest slightly increase in speed, goosebumps rising across his flesh as she traced the tattoos he had on the left side of his torso.

"That tickles," Blaze rasped out, his voice deep and thick from just waking up.

Deep and thick, huh? Ellie's subconscious spoke up, causing her face to flush before shaking her head at her dirty mind.

"Good morning to you, too," Ellie murmured, pushing herself up to give a quick kiss to his cheek. Blaze hummed, one of his hands moving down her back until it cupped her behind.

"You want breakfast?" She asked him, kissing his chest.

"I should probably fire Maya from how much you cook now, huh?" Blaze said with a chuckle, licking his lips as he sat up and stretched. When Ellie sheepishly smiled at him, Blaze answered, "I can wait for what I want to eat, love. You get everything ready for Dimitri and Archer."

Ellie's cheeks turned red and she simply nodded, moving to get out of bed. Blaze quickly pulled her back, turning her to him and gripping her hair.

"I think I deserve a 'good-morning kiss', don't you think, kotek?" Blaze told her, raising an eyebrow when she narrowed her eyes in response.

"No," she challenged, trying to get out of bed again. Blaze easily pulled her back onto the mattress with a grunt, kissing down her neck slowly. "Blaze, not now."

Blaze felt one of his eyebrows raise at her. "Why not?"

"Because you had enough last night and I don't think I'll be able to walk probably ever again if we keep this up." Ellie gasped when he pinched her butt, then kissed her forehead. "A-and I would like be able to walk down the stairs normally at some point."

Blaze huskily chuckled, finally releasing her. Ellie thanked him, giving him another kiss before getting out of bed. She could feel Blaze's eyes on her nude body as she walked towards the closet, opening the door and walking inside.

"Got any work today?" Ellie called to him from the closet, walking out with a black hoodie and leggings in her hands. Blaze's eyebrows went up as he took in her body, licking his lips. "Meetings? Phone calls?"

"A few quick phone calls, but it's nothing important," he answered dismissively, resting his arms behind his head as he watched her walk back to the bed, sitting on the edge of the bed. Blaze smiled lazily. "You going to be with D all day?"