chapter 13: gossiping with Chan and Dahyun 101

(play the song once hehe)

"We're doomed." Mina says. Mina and Dahyun are now in the car heading to the company building. Earlier, they just ate lunch together in the dorm, and rested during the rest of the time. "I don't think we did anything wrong, Mina unnie." Dahyun tries to calm Mina down. Mina started fidgeting, she knew she didn't do anything wrong, but she had a slight instinct that it would be about her and Mingyu, but it wasn't possible at the same time since only her members knew they were official, not even their managers, yet. "Who knows, maybe it's a collab or a variety show guesting." Dahyun remains positive.

"See! I told you!" Dahyun got up from her seat and pointed at Mina. "I told you it would probably be about a collab or a guesting, not about you and-" Dahyun suddenly stops talking and sat back down. Mina scolded Dahyun with her eyes, the company knew nothing about them yet. "Mina and?" One of the staff asks Dahyun. "Uh, mine and Mina unnie's fight. Yeah! haha, don't worry, we've made up already." Dahyun suddenly makes a scenario, which totally did not happen. Anything to hide Mina and Mingyu's relationship. "Oh ok, that's good, anyways, you'll be accompanied by 2 other labelmates, probably Chan and Ryujin. Again, you'll be competing against other companies, so us, JYPE, chose the strongest contestants. You two are some of them." The staff explained more. "We're not that strong though, you could have chosen Tzuyu and Momo." Mina replies. "Dahyun is strong in variety shows, while Mina, you're strong in the brain. Ok? Ok, we'll be filming next week already." The staff wraps up.

"Which other companies are joining the show?" Dahyun asks a follow-up question. "I'm not sure yet, but the confirmed ones are BigHit, SM, and probably CUBE." The staff responds, and then dismisses them. "BigHit, you heard that?" Dahyun whispers into Mina's ear. "Shhhh, we're still surrounded by people." Mina covers Dahyun's mouth. The two requested to stay in the building's waiting room, for a while, while waiting for the other members to arrive in the building. As soon as the coast was clear, Dahyun locked the door and started teasing Mina again. "Dahyun, stop getting my hopes up. There's like a 1/13 chance." Mina replies. "He's one of the strongest though, so there's a chance he'll be chosen." Dahyun still remains positive. "Dahyun sweetie, we aren't the strongest physically, yet we were still chosen. And I could say, he isn't much of a variety expert, and he's definitely not as smart as me, so he probably won't get chosen, but you do have a point, maybe he'll get chosen due to his physical strength." Mina theorized.

As of the moment, Mina and Dahyun were just lying down on the couch, using their phones, when they suddenly heard a knock on the door. Dahyun stood up to open the door. "Oh! Perfect timing. Mina unnie, Chan is here!" Dahyun pulls him inside and immediately locks it back. "So, are you one of the chosen contestants?" Dahyun asks him. "Probably? If that's why I'm being called here because they told me they chose me to guest in a show with you guys?" Chan guesses. "Ok, I'm gonna spoil stuff. Apparently, us, JYP Nation, would be competing in Running Man with other companies. SM, CUBE, and BigHit~ for example." Dahyun explains, but she said "BigHit" while looking at Mina weirdly, and in a sing-song way. Causing Chan to wonder why. "Why did you smile at Mina weirdly when you said BigHit? Spill the tea." Chan starts to get curious. "Mina unnie, tell him." Dahyun traps Mina into it.

"Really?!? OMG! Mina! Why didn't you tell me?" Chan reacted while Mina just facepalms herself. "Do you miss him?" Chan teases her. "Bro, the last time they literally saw each other was a few hours ago," Mina asks Dahyun to stop spilling. "and they've been hanging out for how many days straight already." Dahyun spilled even more, ignoring Mina. "They also spent the night together yesterday. Oh how romanti-" Dahyun couldn't finish what she was saying since Mina had already covered her mouth.