chapter 11: as sweet as chocolate

(Please play the song at the indicated part hehe)

"Yah! Kim Mingyu!" Mina yells in the early morning. Mingyu transferred to her room when he woke up. Why? Apparently, he missed Mina? "We see each other everyday, now scoot over, it's so tight here." Mina complains, and proceeds to push Mingyu off of her small bed. "Wow, I'm so comfortable down here." Mingyu tells her sarcastically. No response, he got up and checked on Mina again. She was already sleeping soundly, but not for long. "Minaaaaaaaa" Mingyu whispers in her ear. Mina couldn't do anything, and so she just covered her ears with her hands. Past 25 minutes already, and Mina wasn't having it anymore. "Ok, lie down beside me. You've been bugging me for the past 25 minutes saying you wanna lay beside me, now I'm giving you that opportunity, and you better not get off of the bed, or else." Mina gives up, and just let him be. Mingyu jumped beside her and immediately hugged her. After all that yelling, she realized it was pretty useless, since Mina wanted him beside her though.

"You know I love you right?" Mina asks him out of the blue. "Yeah." Mingyu reassured her. "Why?" Mingyu follows it with a question. "Nothing." Mina turns around, and hugs him tighter. Mingyu neared his face to hers. Mina did the same as well. They stared deeply into each other's eyes. Mingyu pulled her chin up and was preparing to kiss her.

(here)

"WAKE UP EVERYBODY!" that interrupted them. "Aish- that stupid pot." Mingyu cusses at the pot, not at his mom, while Mina just laughs at him. "It's ok, here you go." Mina pecks his lips, and gets up from her bed and washes her face. "I'll be in the kitchen." Mingyu leaves her room. "Good morning." Mingyu greets everyone as he enters the living room. "Looks like you've gotten a good night's sleep" Mingyu's sister teases. "Huh, u-uh yeah" Mingyu stuttered. "Did you kiss?" Mingyu's 5 year old niece asks him innocently. "W-what?" Mingyu stutters, again. "You two kissed?" Another one of Mingyu's nephew asks him. "Hyung? You did??" Mingyu's younger cousin asks him. "Uhmmm" He started eyeing at his mom asking for help, but it looked like she was on the teasing side, so he was hopeless. By this time Mingyu was already waiting for someone to rescue him. "Someone help me" Mingyu cries in his head. As if on cue, the door behind him opens.

"Good morning everyone" Mina exited her room, and greeted everyone around. "A-ah, yes, good morning Mina unnie. We weren't talking about you and Mingyu, don't worry." Mingyu's sister reassures her and laughs nervously. "Excuse us." Mingyu interlocks his hand with Mina's, and proceeds to pass through the awkward living room, going to the kitchen. "I knew it." Mingyu tells Mina. "Knew what?" She asks confusedly. "We're destined to be together. If one is in need, the other half shows up, everytime. And you know what just happened? I was in the middle of a crisis, and you appeared out of nowhere and saved me. Phew, thank you." Mingyu explained after arriving in the kitchen, and hugs Mina afterwards. "Pft, I don't believe in those, but if you say so..." Mina laughs at him.

"Let's start cooking." Mingyu puts on his apron, and made Mina wear hers too. "Not now..... I can sense everyone looking at us." Mina tries to stop Mingyu from putting her apron on her. "So what? They know you're mine already." Mingyu ignores her and proceeds to continue what he was about to do. After Mingyu tied the straps to a ribbon, Mina knew what he was about to do. "Mingyu, not the backhug." Mina tries to escape from his arms, but his grip was too strong. "You can't escape from my charms." Mingyu tells her while hugging her waist tightly. "Bold of you to assume that." Mina fights back. "Yup." Mingyu pulled her back into his arms, and backhugs her tightly.

"Aigooo, these kids are growing up too fast." Mingyu's mom says from a distance. "Yah, stop taking pictures of them without their permission or them knowing." Mingyu's dad stops them. "Don't worry, we won't post it to the public." Mingyu's cousin tells him. "You better not." Mingyu's dad threatens. "Yah, aish- KIM MINGYU!" Mina yells after Mingyu kissed her cheek with chocolate syrup on his lips. "Want another one?" Mingyu pouts his lips and chases her down the kitchen hall. Mina gave up running, and just sat down on the floor. "Ok, I'm sorry." Mingyu apologizes.

Mina glares at him, and pulls him down to the floor. "You think you're the only one who can play?" Mina pins him to the floor, and asks him mischievously. "I can see why you don't allow me to show affection to you in public. This is embarrassing, Mina, get off of me." Mingyu pleads. "Nope, now hold still." Mina tells him, scarily. Mina smudges a ton of chocolate syrup on her lips, and kissed Mingyu's cheeks, forehead, literally his whole face was covered in chocolate syrup now. "Ok, that's enough now. Happy? We're equal now." Mingyu gently pushes Mina off of his stomach, and sits down properly. "Wash your face, and let's get back to cooking. I'm this close to actually beating you up." Mina closes her two fingers together, showing how much patience she has left.

"Just behave and give me a proper task to do already. I'm so bored, plus I'm wearing this apron for nothing. Give me something to do." Mina whines as she bangs her head on the table. Mingyu turned his head from the stove to Mina behind him. He chuckled before finally answering. "Why are you laughing? It's creeping me out." Mina tells him. Mingyu shook his head and laughed, "You already have a job." He replies. "What?" Mina asks him back. "Making me smile and be happy. That's your job, and you're doing really well." Mingyu heads over to the table, and ruffles Mina's hair. Mina just smiled and giggled.

Sweet Love • Mingyu X MinaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara