special chapter 20.4 : so, tell me your wish

"Byeeee." Mina gets squeezed into Mingyu's tight hug. "I'll see you on the 31st." Mingyu says. "Bye bye." Mina waves, as she watches Mingyu drive away.

"I'm home~" Mina says through the dark hallway of their dorm. "I don't care~" Jihyo replies in the same tone Mina talked. Mina turned to the left, and saw NaJeongMoSaJi on the couch. She frowned at Jihyo. "You yelled at me a while ago. Hmph." Jihyo pouts. "Ahh really?? I never noticed. I think I got mad because I was in the middle of doing something." Mina replied. "See! You interrupted something!" Jeongyeon thrusts Jihyo off of the couch. "Sorry, geez." Jihyo says. "Anyways, what's the bring home?" Jihyo skips her way to the kitchen where Mina dropped the food the brought back.

[ December 31, SBS Song Festival, Present Time ]

"So..... You just need to meet up?" Momo asks for a conclusion. "Yeah, we just want to meet up, since we didn't want to miss a special day everytime." Mina replied. She checked her phone again, and saw the time. "11:40 PM, he's still not here." Mina says. "There's still 20 minutes before the clock strikes 12. Relax." Momo told her. "But still." Mina insisted. "I'm tired of your impatient ass, goodbye. You're on your own." Momo leaves her, and goes back inside their waiting room. After a few minutes, she came back out. "On second thought, I forgot we had a "going by twos" rule. When manager unnie comes back, I'll leave." Momo tells her.

"I swear I thought this only happened in movies." Mingyu ruffles his hair. He presses the emergency button once again, and asks for a follow up. "Are there workers coming? It's been 15 minutes, and they aren't here yet." Mingyu asks. "Yes, Sir. We've already sent 4 workers to help you there. Just wait a little more." The staff says through the emergency call button. "Please, I don't wanna spend the New Year stuck in the elevator." He joked. "Yes?" Mingyu answers his phone. "Where are you?" Mina asks for the nth time of the night. "I told you, don't worry. Stop calling me, you're wasting your load." Mingyu scolds her. "I can buy more if I need to. Just tell me you're ok, and I'll end the call. If you lie, I swear to god." Mina threatened him. "I'm fine. There, I said it." Mingyu says. "Hmmm, you seem calm and relaxed, ok, bye." Mina ended the call. He sighed and checked the time on his phone. He didn't wanna tell Mina he was stuck in an elevator because she'd get worried. He didn't want her to worry about him, so he kept it from her.

"Thank you so much. Please get it fixed, so that this won't happen again. I don't want other people to experience the same thing that happened to me." Mingyu told the workers and bowed. He left the elevator, and ran to find Mina's waiting room. "Itzy..... Weki Meki..... Weeekly..... Stray Kids..... Where is Twice?" Mingyu read the room signage, and ran through the hallways back and forth already, but still couldn't find their room. "Do you need anything?" Ryujin patted Mingyu's shoulder, after observing his tactics. "Uh, me? No, nothing. I'm good. You're being called on stage now." Mingyu told Ryujin. Ryujin nodded, but still wasn't contented with his answer. She thought for a while. "Ryujin, on stage, now." Itzy's manager called her. "Mina unnie's upstairs." Ryujin told him. "Really? Thanks, I'll talk to you later." Mingyu waved her goodbye, and ran up the stairs this time because he didn't want to get stuck inside again. "I got stuck in that elevator, and arrived at the wrong floor. Stupid." Mingyu told himself, and was running as fast as he could.

"Mina?" Her manager snapped her fingers to catch Mina's attention. "Huh?" Mina raised her head up. "Anything on your mind? Why do you look so deep in thought?" Her manager asks. "Oh, no. It's nothing." Mina replied. "Really? You need to be on stage now." Her manager said. "Ah, really?" Mina scratched her head. "They can go ahead. I'll follow immediately." Mina told her. "Ok, but don't be so late." Her manager replied, and left with the other members.

"Kim Mingyu.... Where is that punk?" Mina mutters, and sits down again. "11:55 PM, 5 minutes." Mina checks her phone. "Should I leave now?" Mina asks herself. "Yes, just go." One side of herself says. "But Mingyu's probably on his way. Stay." The other side of her self says. "Ugh." Mina groans. "I'll go." Mina sighs. She looks around one last time, to see if he really was coming. "Guess not." She sighs, and stands up from her chair. "Unnie-deul, I'll go now." Mina opens their waiting room, and informs their managers inside the waiting room. "You didn't see him?" Her stylist asks. "He's taking too long. I think he's on stage too." Mina says, and pouts. "You can still meet after the show. It's fine." Her stylist tells her. "Ok, I'll get going now." Mina announces, and closes the door. She knew he wouldn't break his promise, so she trusted her instinct, that he would still be coming. "11:57..... Don't let me down, Mingyu." Mina tells herself, and goes back to the bench in front of their room. "Should I call him?" Mina asks herself again. "He's gonna scold you, again." One side tells her. "Check up on him." The other side says. "I'm so indecisive, oh my god." Mina facepalms herself, and starts getting anxious. "I trust myself, and him. He's gonna come. I know." Mina reassures herself. She stood up, and checked out the stage with all the artists. "There they are." Mina mutters after seeing her other members in front. "I don't see him though." Mina says after seeing his group, without him.

"Now's not the time for cramps." Mingyu scolds his leg, but still continues running. "Finally." Mingyu exhales deeply after finally reaching her floor. "11:58" Mingyu read out, and continued to run. He turned left, and found more rooms. "Red Velvet.... Gfriend.... Kang Daniel..... Twice.... TWICE!" He jumps. He didn't see Mina sitting on the benches outside though, so he figured she'd be inside. "Mina's not here. She went on stage already." Her stylist says. "Thanks." Mingyu bows, and runs immediately. "Mina! Wait! Don't leave, I'm here!" He shouts from 6 feet away.