Mort Rainey

request sent in by @okdanmaardit

last night was one hell of a ride, during his visit to the local bar in town, he met a pretty lady who seemed to be eying him down. he obviously took this as her wanting to get to know him, or he just had something on his face, but with what happened after made him doubt the latter. that whole night, the only noises heard from the cabin were the moans and screams of Y/N and the occasional grunt from Mort.

His eyes opened as the bright sun basked onto his face, he groaned and flipped over away from the window to notice the spot beside him was empty, he remembered having a lady over last night but he assumed she had rushed off. sitting up with a grunt he placed his frames on his face and pulled his boxers on, stretching back he threw his arms into his tattered robe and made his way downstairs. the smell of freshly brewed coffee engulfed the cabin and made mort shiver with excitement, racing to the machine he noticed a note next to a mug, picking it up he read it;

"Good Morning Mr. Rainey, i hope you rested well, we had quite the fun last night ;). anyways i made you some coffee, thought you'd need some. i had fun last night, it was nice. thank you
from yours truly, Y/N."

Mort chuckled at how formal she was with him, i mean they had just had sex a mere 6 hours ago. she had seen every inch of him and yet she wanted to make it seem like it was for business, he wasn't complaining at least he didn't have to refill the coffee machine this morning. He sat down and enjoyed his coffee before quickly getting back to work on his computer up in the loft area.

——————

as the weeks proceeded, mort felt as if something big was going to happen, he could feel the suspense in the air. as he sat at his computer, vigorously typing on his computer he heard a soft, gentle knock. he looked down the see someone at his door, he stood and made his way down to the door. the woman standing there looked nervous, disheveled, tired, very tired, he smiled none the less and felt as though her presence was familiar. "Hello, how can i help you? did you get lost?" he asked with a slight smirk. "oh! no sir, uhm, it's me Y/N the woman from a few weeks ago?" his eyes widened and he nodded with a confused glance. "oh, yes i'm not really free right now... maybe you should come ba-" "no, i'm not here to have sex with you. i'm here to talk about what happened after." she said finally looking up at him properly. "o-oh? okay come on in, would like a cup of coffee? tea?" Mort asked and allowed the woman into his home, though he was sure she may already know her way around.
"thank you, just black coffee is fine." she smiled gently and stood in the living room, "please, have a seat." he said gesturing for her to sit. when she did he quickly rushed to make her and himself a cup of coffee, his heart raced, had he done something after they had sex? did he attack her? did he force her into anything?! he worried and walked back with the two cups of hot coffee. Mort handed Y/N her cup of coffee and pulled a chair over to sit down, he took a sip from his mug and glanced towards her. she was gripping the handle of the mug tightly, her eyes trained on the black drink. "euhgm," he cleared his throat "what is it you want to talk about?" he asked pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "okay, well when we had sex, we were too drunk to get a condom to work... so we opted to just not use one. well, you didn't pull out fast enough, and since i was blackout drunk i couldn't remember anything that happened so i didn't take the 72 hour pill. i'm also not on birth control." Y/N spoke timidly, she was so nervous. "what are you implying..?" Mort questioned quietly, his eyes searching her body for any form of body language, but nothing. "mr. rainey, i'm.. im pregnant." she spoke clearly but Mort felt as if he had to clean his ears to hear her again. she was.. pregnant? and she was sure it was his? "are you sure it's mine? it cou-" "yes i'm 100% sure it's yours, i've only ever had sex once before you and that was years ago." she hummed and sat down her coffee mug, feeling as though she was going to drop it if she didn't. "so.. are you going to keep it?" he asked setting down his mug as well. "i do want a baby, i'm just not financially set enough to keep it up. i mean i don't even own my own home, i live with a girlfriend of mine and we have to share a room. so i don't think i'd be able to care for my child properly. so most likely, no." she rubbed her hands together, as if she were cold. "let me help you." "what?" she looked up at him with confusion written on her face. "let me help you take care of the baby, i've always wanted kids but i'm a writer so i doubt i'd have enough time for children. please, if you follow through with keeping th- our baby, let me help you." Mort spoke so carefully, acting as if Y/N were a broken doll that was starting to crack. "Mr. Rainey-" "Mort." "what?" Y/N quizzed "my name is Mort.." he smiled gently and reached to grab her hand. "i'm serious, let me help you." he rubbed her knuckles softly.
"okay, Mort." Y/N smiled.

————————————————
i hope u liked this first part of my imagines series!! i might make a part 2 on this if it's okay it's okay with person who requested this! <3 thank u again!