Chapter 8 : Goodbye

We've got woken up by a loud alarm ringing. It sounded like someone escaped... or someone broke in. We knew this might've been our chance to get out. I looked at Katsuki with hopeful eyes and quickly took his warm hand into mine.

We stood back away from the cell door, scared that something might happen to it. We heard guards passing our cell, screaming at each other and saying these code words.

Two hours passed and it only got worse: the alarm kept ringing and the guards wondered what to do with us (the prisoners). It seemed that he was gone, but we were wrong. He was doing everything he could to hold the fort. His laughter echoed through the halls.

Katsuki held me in his arms during all this, we knew that all we could do is wait. We heard sudden gunshots and screaming for back up. I can't say that I wasn't scared, but having Katsuki there to hold me helped.

Suddenly our cell door burst open,

"There are two more here!"

A certain green haired boy,

"Y-y/n?"

tried to save us...

Our rescuer's eyes widened,

"B-Bakugou?"

Katsuki and I were frozen in that moment, we never thought we'd be saved. We never thought we'd see Izuku again.

"D-deku?" Katsuki let go off me and approached the boy slowly, not believing his own eyes.

Izuku, who stood in the doorway, looked in the hall as there were suddenly sounds of more gunshots.

"We have to move! It's not safe here!"

Izuku worried. That's when I noticed his bleeding shoulder. Izuku held onto it, stopping the blood from escaping. We ran, following him through the red stained halls...

I quickly looked back at the cell that was our home for such a long time. So much shit and good memories...

We've gone outside where we have laboured for so much time and we saw the moon and stars for the first time in years. It was amazingly beautiful, my eyes were glued to the starry sky. Katsuki kept holding my hand, he didn't want to let go. My eyes were diverted by the sudden sound of a familiar voice:

"Hello thereee~ Seems like your little friend gave us some trouble!" He spoke to us, smiling like always.

"You bastard!! Die!" Katsuki lost all control and went after our kidnapper, flying through the air with his own explosions. They fought for a while, but Katsuki couldn't defeat him. He was too hungry and tired to be at his full strength. Katsuki didn't care though, he just wanted revenge for everything they did to us.

"Enough of this." A sudden fire hero appeared with other heroes as well and aided Katsuki in fighting him.

"Kid, go to the others where it's safe." The hero ordered, trying to protect him. Katsuki growled,

"Like hell i will!" He started fighting even more passionately, the fire hero couldn't stop him at all.

I couldn't do anything either. I wanted to help Izuku with his wound, but I wanted to help Katsuki as well.

Suddenly more armed men came, trying to save their beloved boss. They started shooting at everything that moved. They shot at me and Izuku, as well as the other survivors. The heroes however quickly jumped in to save us from the armed men. The boss ducked behind something to hide from the bullets, but that didn't stop Katsuki.

I searched with my eyes for them and I saw suddenly that he had something shiny in his pocket,

"Oh no...! Izuku stay here!!" I yelled at my wounded friend.

I ran towards Katsuki with all my might, trying to use cover to dodge the other bullets from those pesky guards. My ears hurt from all the shots fired, but I had to save him.

He pulled out a small handgun with his typical grin and voiced,

"Game over."

I quickly took Katsuki's hand and pulled him out of the way. However he...looked me dead in the eye, pointed the gun at me and fired...

I was waiting... for the pain... for the burning sensation to hit my body. When I opened my eyes again, I saw blood spilled everywhere.

"Y/n..." It was Katsuki, bleeding from his stomach. He dropped to the ground and my eyes filled with tears.

"W-why?!! " I asked him, holding my dear Katsuki in my arms.

"I- I had to p-protect you-" His eyes looked at me with tears, but his lips smiled.

"You idiot..." I cried out, closing my eyes. I couldn't bear to see him like that. Our kidnapper ran as he saw that no one was pursuing him anymore. The fire hero was struggling behind cover as the guards focus fired him. I didn't bother going after him either. I wanted revenge, yes, but I had to stay with Katsuki. I didn't know... if it would be ...our last moments together...

I looked into his beautiful, crimson eyes, but they almost seemed lifeless.

"Katsuki!! You gotta hold on!" I screamed for him to keep holding onto his life. He looked back into my eyes and stroked my cheek with his warm bloodied hand...

"Y/n..."

His hand suddenly... dropped and his eyes closed...

You don't know true pain until you think you've lost someone... My heart was torn to shreds. I have felt pain in many ways, but none can measure up to this moment.

"K-Katsuki..?!" I cried out,

"Katsuki...!!!" I screamed.

But there was no answer.

My eyes... were filled with tears. I held him in my arms as if this was our goodbye. I looked at him one final time and pressed my lips against his, in case this actually was our final goodbye.

I sat a while in silence...in the cold winter wind... and pressed a piece of my torn clothes against his wound. I had hope. I had to have hope.

I screamed and screamed for someone to help us, my voice became dry... and painful.... but I-I had to keep going. After a while the gunshots stopped and ambulances came...

He was rushed to the nearest hospital... and that's all I know...

Author's Note: Don't worry dear reader, I made an epilogue so this wouldn't end with a sad ending. Mostly cause I didn't want to kill off Bakugou just like that.