Chapter 4 : Bakugou

That's all he gave me, a sandwich. For the god-knows how many hours I stayed there, I only got one sandwich. At that point, I started hating him.

You know it's kinda sad, there were no windows but I had a way of knowing how it was night. It was so unbearably cold, so much so that it was hard to sleep the first time around.

I decided to try and rest. I lied down on the squeaky bed and hugged the one pillow they gave me. 'I miss mom and dad...' I murmured to myself in sadness, while slowly drifting off to sleep...

All of a sudden I heard his voice again that woke me up from my slumber.

"Wakey wakeyyy, time for your next lesson sweetheart- You ready for this? Okay! If you look to your left, away from your bed. You see a wall right? Break it-"

That's all he said, nothing else. You see my bed was attached to the 'right wall'. The toilet was opposite of the door. So the 'left wall' was the only one that didn't have anything attached to it.

I tiredly stared at that wall for a good minute, how the fuck does he expect me to break that shit. My throat can't make a powerful enough 'sound' to break it.

I sighed in frustration and sat there thinking of an idea. All I could figure out is that I'm going to have to try even harder than before to do this task.

Then I thought of something. I knocked on each wall, figuring out what they're made of. Each wall was made of concrete, besides the left wall. The left wall was shallow.

I smiled when I found that out. This gave me a chance. I tried creating multiple sounds that overlapped each other, creating a stronger effect than before. Those sounds became echoes and they hurt my ears even worse than before, however I had to endure it.

I attempted a few times, but each time it didn't seem to work. After endless trying and failing, I dried my throat out. I needed to drink, yet I couldn't stop. There was no water to drink.

I tried again and again for what felt like hours. It was getting cold again, the night was coming. I knew there's no way I could do this during the night. It'd be unbearable. The thirst AND the cold combined.

One last time, I tried. Increasing the power so much so that it made my own ears almost bleed. After a while the wall shattered, it gave me a few scrapes here and there.

Behind the wall though? Another room, the same as mine but empty besides a table with a glass of water on it and some fruit.

I laughed, this must be a sick joke. Was this teasing me behind this wall all this time? Nonetheless I ran up towards that table and stuffed myself with everything that was on it. Thank god I broke that wall. I don't want to find out what would happen if I didn't.

He didn't say anything, when I completed my task. He didn't congratulate me, just nothing.

The 'night' passed again in a similar manner as before and the next morning...

"Oi, newbie, you awake? Good. We saw everything we needed to. You're good to go. You'll be joining others with the same type of quirk."

"Same type of quirk?" I murmured, looking up confused at where his voice came from. So there are others. I was delighted at that moment, I wasn't alone anymore.

Suddenly they knocked me out, looking back at it, it must've been a quirk.

I woke up and before I even opened my eyes I felt a severe hunger. I was probably out for a day, but back then I had no idea why I was so hungry.

I opened my eyes and felt light fall on my face. I smiled, I finally saw the sun after days of that torture. I cried a lil that day as I felt the warm sun on my skin, but quickly wiped away my tears.

I realised then, when I took my eyes away from the sky, that I was at some sort of mine. Kids that were my age and younger were working, passing coal and what not. Guards with some sort of tasers and guns were standing everywhere. It was a terrifying and horrible sight. The ground was stained with blood, the kids looked sick and/or malnourished. This sight almost made me throw up. At that point I couldn't hold back tears. I cried my eyes out as I was kids with scars all over their bodies being tased. Who is evil enough to do this? To kids no less?

"Oi L/n, that's your name right? You're gonna have a fun time here." He was there too. His smile wasn't smth I missed, yet there it was. He enjoyed this look on my face. I looked at him with more hatred than I've ever known. I saw children in pain and I blamed him for everything. I jumped at him, wanting to punch that sick grin off his face.

I felt a strong pain down my side, I looked and saw that he was tasing me. I dropped to the ground, this pain was worse than anything I've felt before.

"No no noo! You don't get to touch me, silly~ I am about to explain your job so listen up!"

I groaned, trying to get up, yet failing to.

"You've seen those kids at work, right? You're part of the destruction squad, you just break whatever we ask you to."

I looked at him again, holding myself together.

"I bet he can show you the ropes."

He? Who does he mean by 'he'? I looked towards the direction he pointed at and noticed this guy who was using some sort of fire or explosion quirk? At that moment I hadn't put the two things together.

It couldn't be, but it was....Bakugou Katsuki.

Author's Note: oKay i gotta admit that last line is a bit cheesy, but i just had to use it.

*sigh* what am i doing with my life