Chapter 2: Midoriya

Midoriya Izuku! He was just a quirkless classmate back then. Someone I didn't talk to. Someone no one talked to. Yet there he was, trying to save me. For a second there, I had hope-....hope that I would come out of this fight okay.

I looked at the way this boy ran up to me, while Katsuki tried punching me square in the face.

Izuku ran with so much passion, too bad he was quirkless, he might've become a nice hero someday. Or at least that's what I thought at that moment.

Izuku took that punch for me. From that day forward, I made sure to take any punches coming his way. Quirkless...yet he didn't deserve a beating or bullying from others. I became his friend. His only 'actual' friend at the time.

He's the guy I should've looked up to, though somehow Katsuki still made my number one most admirable people.

After Izuku intervened, I called it quits. I said that this fight was just between us and now that other people (by other people I just meant Izuku) were here, we might get into trouble.

Katsuki didn't take that lightly, he called me a coward. He cursed at me, however all I could do is worry about this quirkless boy and my own petty insecurities. So I just walked away with Izuku that day, leaving Katsuki on his own, standing there, quietly, alone again.

Our relationship didn't improve from that day forward. In fact it felt like Katsuki wanted a rematch. He did everything for a rematch. I think he felt like he was robbed of a victory.

While going home from school, we'd sometimes cross paths. Whenever we did, he'd talk to me about a rematch and how I'm a coward, or how he wants to hurt 'Deku' for intervening that day.

I always turned around, facing him, and pointed at the neighbourhood cameras. I always took the route with the cameras, my mom made me take this route. She's always worried about me.

This always made Katsuki back off for the day, but the next day he hoped to catch me off guard. He always tried, he always failed.

After one of his failed attempts Katsuki didn't arrive at school the next day. His seat that was next to mine, was empty.

I didn't think much of it, guessing he was probably sick or something. However Izuku was worried, he said that it's extremely rare for 'Kacchan' to get sick.

"Uhm- Y/n, could you come with me to Kacchan's house and check up on him?" He asked a bit nervously after school.

"You're still worried, huh? Fine I'll come along...BUT if he's fine, then I'm not staying." I declared. I went with Izuku that day, not because I was worried, but because he was.

We arrived at Katsuki's home and asked what was up with Katsuki. Mrs. Bakugou explained that they don't know where their son is and they're going to make a few calls before reporting this to the police.

Obviously that was the moment that even I got worried, so now even more worried Izuku offered to help look for him. He explained that he knew a few places Katsuki could be. I joined Izuku out of my own worry.

Mrs. and Mr. Bakugou thanked us and told us to call them if we found anything.

Izuku proceeded to show me a few strange or random places. He explained how he and Katsuki lived in the same neighbourhood so he crossed paths with him a lot.

We searched and searched, but he was nowhere to be found... The day after that, he was reported missing.

Author's Note: Lol