Chapter Five: Hacked

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked with a smile, leaning over him. He just chuckled, leaning up slightly and pressing his lips against mine. Both of our eyes slipped closed at the gentle contact, skin against skin causing chills as his hand slipped up the side of my shirt. His lips moved softly, very sweet and easy to lose myself in as he pressed my body to his.

When we pulled away minutes later, we were both breathless. He let out a small laugh, his brown eyes sparkling as he gently watched me. I closed my eyes again, sighing in content as my hand fell over the skin on his stomach again. His fingers ran up and down my side, his touch soft and careful as he barely made contact with me. Goosebumps formed under his hand, like they often did. I sighed again.

"The Babes are probably doing some kind of awful thing on my twitter or instagram, and I'm not doing anything about it," Max said. I opened my eyes, meeting his gaze as he added, "I blame you entirely."

I laughed. "How?"

He rolled his eyes lovingly, cocking his head at me slightly. "My choices are either stop the boys, or lay here underneath the most beautiful and amazing thing that's ever walked into my life..." he reasoned. "What do you think I chose?"

I chuckled. "I see your dilemma."

He smiled, his hand moving to gently cup my face. I leaned against his palm, feeling a sense of pride and love wash over me as I stared back at Max. For whatever reason, the boy underneath me loved me like nothing I could ever imagine, and I would never stop being thankful for him. I melted against his touch, feeling a tingling warmth spreading through me as he ran his thumb across my cheek. I felt comforted by his gentle stare, secure in my place in this world by his side.

I suddenly grinned. "I love you, Spiderman," I found myself saying, loving the smile growing on his face. He pulled his hand through my hair, letting the dark curls slip through his fingers and fall around my shoulders.

"I love you too, Mary Jane," he told me, slipping his arm around my waist as he sat up. I laid across his lap, meeting his tender gaze he he leaned down and softly pressed his lips against my forehead. He cradled me against him, holding me tight to his chest.

I'd never felt safer.

* * * * *

"I don't know," I said, pulling my fingers through my hair. "He was tired as hell when he said it. What if it was just meaningless babble?"

Ali chuckled. "I don't think he would say something that serious and meaningful if he was just tired. What exactly did he say again?"

I sighed. "'So... What would you think about more?'" I quoted what Max had said to me the other night as I walked down the isles of a Walgreens the next morning, trying desperately to make thoughts form correctly in my mind. Max was somewhere across the store, doing something with the boys that I'm sure probably wasn't entirely ethical. I heard Ali's frown in her voice when she spoke again.

"He definitely had something in mind," she commented, voicing the thought I'd had since I'd woken up yesterday. "Did the thought cross your mind that maybe he was talking about mar-"

"Yes," I cut her off. "But I really don't think so. Wouldn't he have brought it up when we were more awake?"

Ali clicked her tongue. "Maybe not, since you're always surrounded by five other boys lately," she pointed out. "He probably saw the opportunity when you were alone and ran with it."

I nodded to myself, hearing one of the boys yelling across the store. "He also said something about hoping to have kids with curly brown hair and blue eyes."

She giggled lightly. "He did?!" she asked. "That's awesome!" she said, before falling silent for a moment. I could feel the thoughts that were forming in her mind, and I decided to quickly put them to rest.