Epilogue Part One: The First Pregnancy

~ you've been having real bad dreams... ~

Epilogue Part One: The First Pregnancy

"Oh my god..." I slowly sank down to the tile floor of the bathroom, pressing my hand over my mouth as I stared at the little plus sign.

Positive.

The test read positive.

It all made sense; the morning sickness, the cravings, the aches...

I suddenly lunged for my phone, dialing a number quickly and pressing it against my ear, trying desperately to even out my breathing. "Pick up, pick up, pick up..." I murmured over and over again, leaving the bathroom and moving into the bedroom, slowly sitting down on our bed beside Hunter. It rang exactly four times before someone picked up, and I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"Blakely?" Ali's voice spoke. "Are you okay? What'd the test say?"

I let out a long breath. "Ali..." I murmured. "It was positive..." I heard her suck in a sharp breath. "I'm pregnant, Ali."

It was silent for a moment, before my ears burned with a high pitched squeal. "OH MY FREAKING GOD BLAKELY! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

I nodded, though my best friend couldn't see it. "I'm pregnant," I repeated, my hand reaching down to rest over my stomach. "There's a baby growing inside of me..."

Ali giggled and squealed again. "That's amazing, Blakely!" she told me. "What'd Max say?!"

I sighed. "He doesn't know yet, chicka," I told her. "I did the test while he was out; he went to go get us Chinese."

I could hear Ali's frown. "How come you're not excited?"

I sighed again, rubbing my stomach in small circles. "I am," I told her honestly. "But I'm nervous about what Max'll say," I admitted. "What if he doesn't think it's the right time for our first baby?"

I sensed Ali rolling her eyes. "Blakely, Max has been talking about a baby for weeks now," she assured me. "He and Adam both," she mumbled.

I frowned. "I know..." I said. "I'm just scared he won't be happy."

Ali giggled. "He'll be ecstatic, Blakely," she assured me, just as I heard the front door slam downstairs. I froze, listening intently.

"Blakely?" I heard his sweet voice call my name. "I'm back, love!"

I felt my stomach sink. "He's home..." I told Ali. She giggled again.

"Go tell him," Ali spoke. "Prove me right," she teased. I slowly nodded, trying to gather courage.

"I'll call you later," I told her. Ali and I said goodbye and I hung up, slowly forcing myself to stand and walk over to the bedroom door. I walked past the lounge, down the stairs and through the living room, into the kitchen. Max, my husband of two years, stood emptying a brown bag of takeout food, setting cartons of rice and noodles onto the kitchen table with his back towards me. I leaned against the entryway, swallowing hard.

"M-Max?" I called his name, causing my love to turn and smile at me. Upon seeing my expression, his smile softened into a look of worry, walking over to me and encasing me gently in his warm arms.

"Hey..." my love murmured, his voice soothing. "What's wrong, darling?" he asked, pressing me closer and bringing me to lean against his body. I took a deep breath, setting my hands on his shoulders and looking up at him, nervously.

"I..." I paused. "I have to tell you something..." I spoke, my voice shaky. "But I'm not sure how you'll take it."

Max's concern was evident. "Are you alright?" he asked. "Are you hurt or sick?"