Loving My Roommate Max... A Max Schneider Fan Fiction (Sequel to My Roommate Max)

~ In this world full of choices I've only got a few: either you're coming with me, or I'm coming with you... ~

Prologue: Surprise Visits

I woke up to the most beautiful and familiar scent around me. A smile graced my lips before I even opened my eyes, shifting slightly under the warm blankets. A strong body lay beside me, stretched out against me. His chest rose and fell, offering slight comfort as I peeled my eyes open.

I met a pair of gorgeous eyes, staring at me and waiting for me to awaken. I chuckled lightly, slowly sitting up and pulling the covers off of me as I stared down at the being beside me.

"Good morning," I greeted the German shepherd, lightly scratching the dog's head. Hunter barked quietly, sitting up beside me and nuzzling my hand, beckoning to be pet some more. I laughed as the little black Maltipoo, Dani, jumped up on the bed on my other side. I loved on both of the adoring dogs, laughing lightly as I allowed them to distract me from the fact that the love of my life wasn't beside me...

I sighed, looking around the room... Max's room. I laughed lightly at myself; Max's room. The curly, dark haired, brown eyed boy had been gone almost a month, and I spent every night in his bed. My reasoning was simple: his blankets and sheets always gave off his soft scent, offering comfort like nothing else. Even a month later...

That thought made me grin. He'd left almost a month ago... Tomorrow was the night of his New York concert. He'd been so upset last night on the phone that they didn't have time for him to come see me, and I'd played it off real well... He had no idea I'd be coming tomorrow night and tagging along while him and his band finished the rest of his tour. I sighed... The love of my life would be by my side again in a days time.

I slid out of Max's bed and walked out of his room, across the lounge and into my own room. I smiled at the picture frame Max had gotten me for Christmas, that now hang over my bed. Polaroid pictures lay scattered across the floor and stuck to the long mirror wall, another Christmas gift from Max. I walked into my closet, grabbing a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt before striding into my bathroom. I quickly showered and blow dried my hair, the brown curls falling in their natural ringlets. I smiled at myself as I trotted out of my room again, down into the living room.

Almost eleven months, I thought. Max had walked into my life nearly eleven months ago... Or I walked into his life, rather. I thought about the months filled with love and tenderness as I walked into the kitchen, every memory I shared with him precious. I love him so much, I thought, lightly singing to myself as flashbacks rolled through my mind. Although I fidgeted for his touch, I pushed through it, like I did almost every minute of every day he'd been gone.

I poured myself a glass of tea, taking several gulps as my phone started ringing. I glanced at it, smiling as I saw Max's picture ID and his name across the top of the screen. I tapped accept, pressing the phone to my ear as I let the dogs out the back door to potty.

"Good morning, baby," I greeted Max, feeling better than I'd felt in weeks. He laughed, his voice sweet as he spoke.

"Good morning gorgeous," he said. I smiled at his normal greeting, the thing he'd say to me even when we woke up in the same bed. I yawned, watching the dogs outside.

"Someone's sleepy," he commented sweetly, hearing my noise. I laughed lightly, smiling to myself.

"Thats because somebody had me up all night on Skype," I pointed out, stressing the 'somebody' part. He laughed, the sound genuine.

"I wonder... Was that me?" he asked in mock curiousity. I chuckled, nodding slightly.

"Imagine that," I told him. He laughed again, and I heard him shift around on the other end. I sighed, letting the dogs back inside.