I looked at it, and it was a stunning dress, that she would make look even more stunning. But my eyes drifted to a red one. "That one," I pointed to it. She looked up at me, slightly surprised. "What?" I asked. 

"Red is bright," she chuckled awkwardly. 

"So? Wear it for yourself, who cares who's watching? I'd just prefer you to stick to my side the whole time," I mumbled the last bit. 

She laughed before grabbing it. "What are you wearing?" She turned to face me. 

"Black and white," I shrugged. 

"Guys have it so easy," she clicked her tongue. 

I chuckled while stepping closer to her. "I'll pick you up at six, okay?" 

She nodded, "Mm-hmm." 

I leaned down and kissed, tilting her chin up to guide her lips to mine. She smiled and then giggled against my lips before pulling away. "I'll need a little more than an hour for this one," she held her dress up, "See you then." 

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

Oh, my God. Fuck me. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested the red dress. 

I pushed myself off my car and stood up straight while she walked out towards me. "Stop staring," she blushed. 

"I'm trying," I mumbled. 

She looked stunning. There aren't enough words in the world for me to explain how gorgeous she looked standing in front of me. She looked ravishing. I scanned her up and down for the millionth time, my eyes meeting hers then trailing down to her lips. 

"No red lip?" I chuckled. 

"Not my thing," she shrugged. 

"It doesn't have to be," I replied with a grin. 

"You look amazing," she beamed while looking me up and down. 

"Like you want to rip my clothes off, amazing?" I smirked. 

"Yeah, kind of," she whispered. 

I bit my bottom lip so I wouldn't kiss her senseless and simply opened the door for her. "Shall we?" 

We got to the party about twenty minutes later and as expected, he went all out. Clark usually does an annual party-ball thing and he goes all out with loads of decorations, lights, all of it. It's usually his wife who organizes this stuff. His third one that is. 

"How many people are attending this thing?" she asked while looking around the place as we headed to the entrance. 

"A lot," I mumbled. 

"Thanks for telling me that in advance, it really helped," she said sarcastically. 

"You'll be fine," I looked down at her. 

"No, I'm not good with people," she mumbled. 

"You'll be great," I repeated before kissing the back of her hand. 

"You're so-" 

"Do not say sweet." 

"Okay, not sweet," she grinned, linking her arm with mine as we walked in. 

We were about thirty minutes in and introductions were still going. "Alex, this is Mr. Lewis, Connor's dad. Mr. Lewis, this is Alex." 

"It's lovely to meet you, dear. Connor isn't here tonight, I'm sorry, Carter. He had a date with someone." 

"A date?" Alex and I asked at the same time. 

"She was a lovely girl. Uh- I forget her name. Um- Hannah something." 

Perfect Strangersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें