Chapter 6: If She Were Here

Death checked his phone. "How long was I working on that story?" He asked himself. He had three text messages from Kai. He opened them.

Are you home yet?
6:32 p.m.
Hello 🙄
6:39 p.m.
I wanna see you at my house. Fredrick and Aidan are also here.
Let's hangout. Don't show up and I'll kill you. 🤬
6:51 p.m.

Death sighed and typed:

What the hell?! Didn't you see your time?
10:02 p.m.

   He looked at the time after he sent that text. He spent almost four hours writing that story. Pretty fast, isn't it? He was so focused on Disobeying the Queen that he got it done quickly.

Oh my God! I'm so sorry. I lost the track of my
time... My aunt was here...
10:03. p.m.

Kai Menken replied.

What? You lost the track of your time?
10:04 p.m.
What does that supposed to mean?
10:04 p.m.
Your aunt? Whhhaaaattt?
10:05 p.m.

I was writing a story😅
10:06 p.m.
Joy... I told you about her...
10:06 p.m.
She came to visit but we didn't talk much...
              Dr. Stone arrived and...
10:07 p.m.

You were writing? How come?😂
10:07 p.m.
Oh yeah... I remember her
10:08 p.m.
Arrived and what?
10:08 p.m.
Made a scene?
10:09 p.m.

   Death's phone buzzed four times indicating notifications. He was curious to know what Dr. Stone said to Joy so he went downstairs. He studied his father's face for any clues. His father seemed disappointed. Death walked to the kitchen and put his lasagna into the microwave.

"Son? Did you fall asleep?" Dr. Stone said. He hoped he didn't upset Death.

"No," Death replied.

"What were you doing then?" Dr. José Stone asked trying to have a conversation with his son. He thought Death would open up. Death just kept texting Kai.

I got inspired... You know
10:20 p.m.
Something crossed my mind and I just wrote it
                 down.
10:21 p.m.
He told me to go to my room
10:21 p.m.
I don't know what the hell happened I'm
             trying to figure that out...
10:22 p.m.

I wanna read it😄
10:24 p.m.
Update me, okay?
10:25 p.m.
We're in this together
10:25 p.m.

   After reading Kai's reply, Death decided to talk to his father. He doesn't want to but he referred talking to him to staying in the dark. "Whom are you texting?" Dr. Stone asked. Death knew this is the perfect opportunity to find out what Joy said.

"Kai," Death replied. His father seemed confused so "Kai Menken, my friend," he explained. "the one who lives with his brother," he added.

"Oh yeah. I remember him. How's he?" Dr. Stone asked. Death told him about Aidan and Kai after he got back home from rehab.

"He's okay. What did Joy say?" Death jumped right into the point.

"She... She told me about what she was up to all those years." Dr. Stone exhaled to let out his stress.

"That's it? Nothing else?" Death interrogated. "He can't be fucking denying his affair," he thought for himself.