Chapter 4: Conflict

Death looks at this world very differently. He has the "Understand to be understood" policy. He does his best in doing good for others, but when they don't return the favor, he switches team and gets his revenge somehow. That's what's happening with his father.

~22 hours and 19 minutes ago~

"Who were you talking to?" Death Stone asked.

"A human being," Dr. José Stone answered wryly. Since when was Death interested in Dr. Stone's formal and loud phone conversations?

"What the hell is he hiding from me?" Death asked himself.

"Seriously, who was it?" Death repeated his question.

"Okay now you're interrogating me?" Dr. Stone looked at his son as if he were an alien.

"It's not an interrogation." Death took a deep breath- inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his mouth. He has been told that doing this alleviates stress.

"Let me rephrase it. May I know who called you earlier?" Death said, minding each word he spit out.

"Yes, you may know but why are you asking in the first place?" Dr. Stone inquired.

"What do you mean why? Just answer the damn question!" Death demanded.

"Jeez! Okay. I'll answer but remember I. Am. Your. Father," Dr. Stone stated. Death snorted at his last sentence. "That's the problem," he said internally.

"It's Eleanor. I just asked her out," Dr. José Stone confessed.

"Out? What? She called and you asked her out on a date?" Death let out string of questions.

"It's nothing serious," Dr. Stone lied. Death studied his face for the truth.

"Who's she? Your patient?" Death said his fingers crossed, hoping that she's not.

"Nooo. She's not my patient," Dr. Stone answered in disgust.

"Thank God! I thought she was one of those people who get clean then immerse in drugs... Only to get dirty again." Death sighed.

"Don't say that! What's wrong with you? They're humans too, you know. I didn't raise you like this. Stop stereotyping!" Dr. Stone snapped.

"Says who refers to the patients as 'trashes'," Death argued.

"Drop it! Drop it, DEATH!" Dr. Stone yelled. Death felt hurt when his father called him by his name. He does that when he's seriously angry.

"That's what you do when I speak the truth," Death said with disappointment in his voice. "I'm drunk, okay? Jeez. Leave me alone." Death held his hands high conveying his surrender. He left the room promptly to avoid any more arguments.

"Drunk?! Get back here!" Dr. Stone scolded. "I messed up," he freaked out.

"What the fuck is wrong with this man?" Death thought for himself. He went up to his room and shut the door behind him. He wished he never gets out of the room. With the door blocking Death from the outside world, he rested his head on his pillow. He sunk into his own thoughts.