-6

I looked at her confused "I wasn't in a car accident. I had my wedding on December 1st, 2018. The date should be around July 2019." I said. She looked at her phone "No no, the year's January 3rd 2020. It seems the crash gave you memory loss. You're really lucky to be here Ms. Evans, it was touch and go a few times I'm happy you're awake." she said. I shook my head "That can't be..." I was saying till I saw the door open and Sebastian walked in. He looked at me and his eyes looked like he'd seen a ghost, "Oh my god, oh god! My darling you're awake!" He said as he ran to my side.

I flinched away and he frowned. "Abeda it's me." He said sadly, I looked into his eyes and I didn't see any hatred. Maybe I was in an accident, it all seems so real. "I'm sorry, I just had a terrible dream while in the coma I guess." I said smiling weakly. He took my hand into his and kissed me softly. "I prayed everyday for you to wake up, it's really a miracle." He said as tears swell in his eyes. "We're very happy that you're awake Ms. Evans, I'll give you two a moment and then we'll give her a check up." The doctor said and then she left.

Sebastian stroked my cheek. "Where's my parents? Do they know I'm okay?" I asked. He paused as a tear rolled down his face, my heartbeat began to quicken. "Sebastian where are my parents?" I asked. He looked away and then looked back at me. "We never made it to the reception Abeda. The snow was so sudden... your parents and Julie didn't make it." He said. My stomach dropped, I shook my head. "No." I muttered and he pulled me into his embrace. I began to sob into his chest "I didn't even get to say goodbye." I sobbed. He soothed my head "Baby it's going to be okay. I'm here for you, always will be. Remember till death do we part." He said.

I sighed, at least I have Sebastian. He went to kiss me on my forehead and I got a flash back. I got a memory of me beaten and bruised. I flinched and he pulled away. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked. I wearily shook my head. "Uh no, I just had the strangest dream, I'm sorry it just felt so real." I said. I blinked hard, I don't want to worry him. He shrugged. For a second, his eyes held an unnerved look before returning to normal. "Hmm. You'll have to tell me about it sometime." He said. I nodded my head. There's an odd feeling like something is off here.

The doctors came back in and examined me, they said there's some minor memory loss I'm good to go home in a few days. "She'll need some physical therapy for the time being, but she should get to walking on her own soon." Doctor Lynn said. "You've got an amazing husband right here." She said, I smiled "He sat by your side the whole time. He even moved your joints so they wouldn't stiffen too much." She said. I looked over at Sebastian. "I'm really lucky to have you." I said and he smiled "Please, it's the bare minimum my love. I'd do anything for you." He said as he stroked my hair.

Shortly after the check up Sebastian left to get me some lunch, I took a walker and very slowly made my way to the bathroom. I grimaced as I clutched the walker. My legs strangely don't completely feel like their mine, but I can walk on them. I touched my head, my hair was braided back in cornrows. I don't remember going to sleep this way, they must have done it when I was in a coma. I flinched as memories of that stupid dream hit me. I sat down on the toilet seat and looked at my leg. There was a large scar right where I was bitten by that dog in my dream, that's funny. I must have made up a new reason in my brain.

"What's wrong with me?" I muttered to myself. I had some more scarring on my stomach and legs, that must be from the crash. I signed, I hate how my memories don't feel like my own. Sebastian is an amazing man, he'd never hurt me. Guilt started to rush over me, how could I think of him in such a dark light. I placed my hand on my head as a knock came on the bathroom door. "Come in." I said.

Sebastian walks into the bathroom with my favorite, mango gelato. "I got you your favorite." He said and I smiled and thanked him. "When can I go home? I wanna visit my parents grave and say goodbye." I asked. "The doctors said that you can go home. I have the house set up perfectly for you." He said. I nodded my head and took a spoon of my gelato. "I never got to show you the surprise." He said smiling "I can't wait to see it." I said.