My eyes followed her until she stood behind the counter where Asher came up to her and asked her something. 

I turned back to Carter. "You like me," I sang while sipping my tea. 

"Do you like me?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

I chuckled, "I adore you," I said mockingly, "Do with that what you will." 

"That's not- it's not the same thing." 

"Then why did you say it?" I questioned. 

He laughed and leaned his head back. "Please just tell me yes or no," he whined pleadingly. 

He wanted to know so desperately, I felt kind of bad not telling him. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"Yes?" His eyes lit up as he sat up once again. 

"Yes, I do like you," I nodded with a chuckle. 

"Can I kiss you right now?" he grinned. 

"No," I shook my head. 

"Why?" he pouted. 

"Not here, not now," I replied. 

"Why though?" 

"Because I said so," I shrugged. 

"And I said I want to kiss you," he argued. 

"You can wait till we leave the cafe," I said. 

"No, you're too far," he whined. I stared at him in disbelief. 

He is a child. 

"Please?" he stuck his bottom lip out. I continued staring while he leaned forward on top of the table. "Please?" 

I sighed in defeat before leaning forward and pressing my lips to his in a chaste kiss. 

"YES! WOO HOO!" Katy yelled from the counter. 

I pulled away laughing and tilted my head down, facepalming while Carter too, laughed and leaned back in his seat. We continued talking like we always do and decided to head out by the time our drinks were finished. 

"God, we met here. That's crazy," I sighed while looking at the place. It wasn't too long ago, nearly a month. 

"Yeah. You were sitting right there," he pointed at my usual table, "Looking all pretty, working on your laptop, staring at me," he smirked. 

"You wouldn't know that if you weren't staring back at me, so..." I trailed off. 

"True," he nodded. 

"And then you came over. All cocky and annoying," I rolled my eyes, "Asking for your drawing." 

"What do you do with them anyway?" he questioned. 

"I keep them," I shrugged. 

"Where?" he questioned, "I have yet to actually stay in your room." 

"They're pinned up with the photos on my wall. You're really good at sketching, you should seriously do something with it," I said as we stood up and headed out. 

"I can't draw portraits. What will I do with mini sketches of random things?" he asked. 

"Make a little exhibition. For me," I grinned. 

"Just for you?" he chuckled. 

"Yeah. Who else has seen your sketches?" I questioned. 

"Nobody," he shrugged.