Chapter Three

My next couple of days consist of questioning from Sam and Dean, "music 101" from Dean where we just sit in the library and listen to music, and researching with Sam. I find myself growing more and more used to the life of the Winchester's every day.

As I get up today, my leg muscles ache. I did a workout session with the guys, where I showed them different fighting tactics. Sam stayed longer than Dean, and I showed Sam some of the workout moves the angels had taught me. So, as I step into the warm shower this morning, the hot water comes as a nice relief to my muscles. I change into dark wash jeans, a grey tank top, and my leather jacket. I let my hair air dry, and I also apply a light smokey eye. I lace up my military boots, and slip on my anti-possession necklace and silver bracelet. I also have a tattoo on my chest that Sam and Dean took me to get. Getting a tattoo was not a pleasant experience.

When I walk into the library, Dean has his feet propped up on the desk as he sips on coffee. I grab a coffee of my own from the kitchen, and join him in the library as classic rock streams softly through the library. Any Way You Want It by Journey plays, with Dean tapping his foot to the beat.
"How'd you sleep?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at me. He closes his eyes as the next song, Come Sail Away by Styx begins to play. "God, that's a good song."
I laugh, shaking my head. "Good. A lot better now that I have the proper sleeping wear now," I admit. He nods.

Not too long after, Sam comes in, wearing track pants and an activewear hoodie. He takes earbuds out of his ears and shuts off his music, slightly out of breath. I furrow my eyebrows. "You went jogging? How come you didn't wake me up? I would've gone," I state. He looks at me with an apologetic look.
"Sorry, I didn't know. I'll wake you up tomorrow," He replies, and I nod. Dean scoffs, giving us both disgusted looks.
"What's wrong with you guys?" He snarls in distaste. Sam and I laugh.

My coffee finished, I head into my room. I change into activewear leggings and a sports bra, as well as a grey activewear hoodie and black sneakers. I tie my hair up in a ponytail, and head into the training area. I've had a boxing dummy set up in one part of the room. I slip off my jacket and grab my new phone from pocket, putting in earbuds. I put my music on shuffle, and begin wrapping my hands.

I crack my neck as well as my knuckles, and stretch first. I hop on my toes a couple times, swinging my arms, and then get down to do 100 crunches, 50 push-ups, a 3:00 minute plank, and a bunch of other workouts. Once my muscles are burning, I face the training dummy.

I practice different punches and kicks, drowning out the world in my music and the workout. My muscles hum with the workout, and sweat forms on my stomach, forehead, arms, everywhere. I always breathe, though, and never stop. I throw punch after punch, kick after kick, until I'm interrupted by Sam an hour later.

I take out my earbuds to listen to him, panting slightly. He eyes me up and down, not in an inappropriate way but more in an admiring way.
"Dean just got a call from a friend down in North Carolina. Looks like we've got ourselves a case," Sam explains shortly. I nod, running a hand over my hair.

I shower and change into my old clothes, letting it air dry again. I pack a duffel bag with clothes and weapons, putting a gun on my hip and a knife in each boot. I also slip a silver knife in one side of my jacket, an iron one in the other. I reapply my smokey eye, grab my bag, and walk out into the library. Dean and Sam stand there with their bags, ready to go. We give each other all nods of confirmation, and then we head out.

It takes us a little over 16 hours to get to North Carolina. We all take shifts driving, Sam and Dean surprised when they find out that I can drive. It was a skill the angels had me learn for whatever reason. When we arrive, it's on Sam's shift. He wakes Dean and I up, at an early time of 3:39 in the morning. We pull into the nearest motel, and Dean goes in to get us rooms.