Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Stacks, as they were known, were a group of old buildings that were in a large clearing of land. Jon and Sairento approached The Stacks, as Jon began to catch wind of it, he couldn't really believe what he was seeing. Massive run down almost condemned-like buildings towers over him. The further they walked the darker it became, as the sun was eclipsed by the buildings that once belonged to the USE. They walk into a crowd of people shopping at merchant stalls.

"I can see why you guys call it Stacks," Jon says as he moves past other residents. "What do the merchants sell here?"

Sairento keeps walking forward and says "Few sell weapons, others sell clothes, you might find meat, and if you're really lucky you might find meat that isn't human."

Jon almost seemed to shudder, but then regained his composure "So...they eat other people here?"

"Not all of them, most use it to either lure the beasts or to escape them.." Sairento said, a matter of factly

"How about you? Did you eat anyone while you've been out here?" Jon asked

"No." Sairento shot back.

Jon then decided to stop asking so many questions and follow Sairento's lead. There were a lot more people in The Stacks than Jon anticipated, there were almost 200 people if Jon could make a naked guess on just how many residents there were. They continued to walk and then Jon saw an all-too-familiar sight. A woman being assaulted by a very large and muscular man.

"Bitch! You stole my goddamn foot!" The man said while beating the woman with a wooden leg.

Jon begins to grow enraged by the sight and begins to take a step to stop the man from killing her.

"Don't," Sairento says, grabbing Jon's shoulder. "You will likely end up like her if you try to stop him."

Jon fist tightens "You want me to just sit here and watch?"

Sairento shakes his head "there is an order to things here, and you don't interfere with it."

"Man, fuck your Jedi bullshit," Jon said, he then strode over to the big man beating the woman with the wooden leg. Sairento put his hand to his face to hide his grimace. Jon then speed-walked to the man and jumped on him.

"Yo, what the fuck?!" The man exclaimed, he then threw Jon off of him and Jon flew to the ground, hitting a table along the way.

"Ah...fuck." Jon murmured, as he groaned in pain, he then looked up to see the big man hobbling towards him, leg in hand.

"So you got a friend eh?" The big man said, looking over at the woman, who was on the ground, bleeding.

"I don't fuckin' know him, man." The woman said, whilst spitting out blood, she had an accent but Jon couldn't make out what it was.

"Fuckin'...pussy." Jon said

"Fuck you say, little man?" The big man asked, whilst hobbling towards Jon.

"No! Fuck you!" A feminine voice yells out.

Everyone stops and looks around to see where the voice came. Jon looks up to see a shadow perched on a building.

"What the fuck?" Jon muttered, clearly confused.

"Those who do harm to the weak shall know worse pain by my hands," The voice says to itself as it jumps and flips in front of Jon. "I, the guardian of The Stack sentence you."

The Shadow is no longer a shadow but a young blonde woman with her hair tied into pigtails and a green cape. She's holding a bow and fires into the guy's good leg sending him to the ground in pain.