Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jon begins to stagger backward as Mombaka saunters toward him. "What's the wrong sweet pea? I just want to have a little chat with you over by that tree," Mombaka says. 

Jon reaches down, picking up a large rock, and prepares to throw it at Mombaka's head. "Come on, sweet pea, and it won't hurt a bit. I like you, so I'll snap you in two before I plow you." Mombaka says as he's entirely stopped in front of Jon, who is now looking up at Mombaka, who is noticeable three times his size.

"I ain't dying today, motherfucker!" Jon exclaims, with a hint of malice in his voice as he readies himself to throw his rock.

"Come on, Sweet Pea, it'll be nice and quick if you don't fight," Mombaka said, clearly loving every minute of this.

"Will the both of you shut it?!" Jade yells at both Mombaka and Jon. "We have some company, and I'm sure they don't care who's ass is getting shafted."

They then looked at each other, in mild confusion, before looking over to see a small group of men and women walking towards them. One of them, who looked like the leader, had another man on all fours walking around like a dog. Jon dropped his rock and jaw in confusion.

" The fuck?" Jon muttered

"Salutations, little lambs. You're the newest members of my flock, and being new members, you may call me Roberto, but my name is Bobby " A tall and slender man says with a shag carpet mustache. He raises his legs in the air and then slams on to the man who's walking on all fours head ", and this here is my little lost lamb here, Dog."

The other members of the group didn't nod or anything at the four, they were mean-mugging the group, except for Dog, who looked down meekly.

Jon quickly composed himself and spat, "I'm not your goddamn lamb. What the fuck do you want?"

"I don't want anything, little lamb. I only come here to offer you hospitality and maybe salvation among the rest of my flock.." Bobby said, smiling

"Not interested," Jon shot back "Now, as you might have been able to tell, I was in the middle of settling a score."

"Come on, let's not resort to such barbarism already, little lambs, as we've already been damned enough being sent to this cursed rock," Bobby said, his smile having now disappeared.

"Cursed rock?" Jade said, "This place looks like fucking heaven if you asked me!" 

Mombaka places his hand on Jade's shoulder "I'm glad some else finally agrees with me."

"But my sister, you have only been here for mere minutes. I've seen things that you neophytes would never have believed were possible." Bobby said, "As sometimes Hell can disguise itself as heaven indeed."

Suddenly a large horn blares through the air "It seems we must leave now, and if you have any sense in you. You'd follow me," Bobby says as they begin to walk backward into the forest.

"Wait, what the fuck was that?!" Jon shouted as they began to walk away.

"Ask, and you shall receive," Bobby says as he completely disappears into the thick first leaves. Giant thumping beings to be heard from the opposite side of them.

Everyone turns and looks around the opening to see a silhouette of an animal creep up to them. "Do you guys see that?" Jon asks. The others nod their head, Jon tries to get a better look "Should we run or something?" he asks again.

The stomping grew louder and slower as whatever was out; something was moving closer to them. Jon wanted to move, to do something, but his body stood still in fright, even if he wouldn't admit it to himself. The silhouette begins to grow smaller and more human-shaped. Jon couldn't make out what he was seeing, but he knew that he needed to get out. His body finally went into flight motion and he started to run, as fast as his legs could take him, away from the area, without looking back. The rest of the group were still, also instead transfixed by the creature that was approaching them. Larry was the second to run out of the four.