Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jon Gruder isn't what you call an honest man. His life has been nothing but a run-in with the law. Even though he wasn't an honest man, it never changed what his mother had instilled in his birth. With his mom working with no prospects of getting out of poverty and a father who's only love in a whiskey bottle. Jon turned to the only path he could to get out of his neighborhood.

His career started with the local gang in the neighborhood. Starting small with selling intra-dope to the augs. It jacked them straight into the intranet and gave them a high that tossed them out for hours on end. Slowly moving up to bigger fish sticking up stim banks, and boosting cars. His life was moving further and further from the honest man his mother dreamed he would be. Jon Gruder is not an honest man. His dreams were born from honest intentions but were only bought from dishonesty.

Sitting on the ship, Jon scans his surroundings getting a feel for the others heading to the same prison colony as him. 

"Hey! Sweet pea" a grizzled and muscular voice calls out to him, 

Jon looks over at the man who's three times his size with one eye that is cybernetic and only one arm. 

"Can I help?" Jon asks, but the large man smiles and blows a kiss "You know where we're going sweet pea?" 

Jon gives a weird look to the stranger "yeah, Vincula". 

The stranger licks his lips "Don't call it by that name sweet pea". 

Jon shrugs and asks "What should I call it?" 

the stranger leans forward trying to get close to Jon, as much as the restraint will let him "We call it heaven because it's going to feel like heaven when I'm done with you sweet pea".

"Oh shut up," a female voice says to the left of Jon. She has long brown hair with tats all over her right arm. She looks directly at the stranger "Don't go getting sweet pea's hopes up too much" she slowly turns her head to face Jon with a large bird-eating grin "because the moment we land, he's going to be gutted like fish."

Jon looked over at the other guy from his batch, he was a skinny, younger-looking man. He looked a bit like a druggie from the looks he would give over to Jon as well as his tendency to scratch himself and look around like a paranoiac. Jon suspected that the guy was a serial killer or some sort of addict, none too unfamiliar from what he knew in his previous life.

"God, a crank and Sweet Pea to keep my company...amazing." he thought to himself

The lady looks over as Jon "So tell me, what you did to end up with us"

Jon bristled "Killed a guy."

The woman looked away for a second, paused for a few more moments then gave Jon a look over again and laughed "You, killed a guy and I'm royalty from the English state"

"He was trying to steal my product, so I put him down," Jon said, a matter of factly

"Oh, sweet pea, you don't head where we're headed from killing just anybody."

She points her nose over at the armless stranger who started calling Jon sweet pea "See Mombaka over there, he raped over a hundred and thirty corpses".

Jon looked over at Mombaka, who gave him a smile, with a look of disgust.

"Well, fuck me," Jon said. 

Mombaka smiles and blows a kiss to Jon "I plan to sweet pea. Well after I gut you first".

"Hey sweet pea, it's the worst of the worst out here." the woman said, "Can't expect your average intra dealer out here." 

Jon grunted, "Please don't call me that."

"Or what?" the woman asked, mockingly "You gonna do something?"

"Fuck you," Jon muttered, he then sat back and tried to relax. 

"I don't think I'll get the chance with Mombaka over there. He's not the sharing type if you know what I mean" she said. "So how about you tell me your name sweet pea unless you want to be called that while you're still alive. I don't mind either way" she says.

"Jon Gruder," he said, with a hint of arrogance in his voice.

"Jon Gruder?" she said, almost in a confused tone "So what were your parents German or some shit?"

"Mom told me Dad was of German ancestry, but I never really knew him. So I wouldn't know." Jon said

"Aww." The woman said, in a mocking tone "My whittle heart breaks for your sweet pea." She then laughed.

Jon clenched his fists for a second, but then released the tension. "What about you?" Jon said "What's your name? What did you do?"

"Jade." The woman said "Or you might have heard of me as Jade the red queen, drug empress of western Europe, or maybe you've heard of the burning Christmas where a police precinct was burned down with cops inside. I only got caught cause my worm for a boyfriend found out who I was and turned me in. Don't get me started on my bottom bitch . . . well, former bottom bitch Cortney. She also snitched on me after I cut her off, she's taking a little nap in some cement now." her voice became more intense.

Jon slightly smirked, "So... uh what about your worm of a boyfriend?"

"Court was my side bitch." Jade said, "I loved that fuckin' worm."

Jon snorted "Well, I imagine that was an awkward conversation when he figured all that out. Is he taking a cement nap too?

"Of course he's not taking a cement nap, I'm not a monster. I only blew his dick off with some dynamite sticks" she said

Jon cringed "Fuck..."

"Yeah, fuck. His dick was gone in a second as I loved him but he could sure fuck with it you know what I'm saying" she said. Mombaka laughs " I know what you're saying" Jade points to him with her nose "I'm glad you get it".

"Noted," Jon said

The druggy guy piped up "You wanna know what I did?" his eyes are covered with bags, his body was vibrating. "Oh it's really good I bet you'd really like to know what I did," he says with his head bouncing up and down.

"With the way you're shaking, I bet you'd showed your dick to some kids for drugs," Jade said, with a cruel smile.

"No! God, no! I didn't...no-no." the druggie said

Jade's smile disappeared and she said, in a resigned tone "Oh, then what did you do then?"

The druggie smiles, looks around the entire ship "You ever hear about the greenstone killings?" 

Jon nods his head "Yeah, the killer went into people's houses and murdered families kids in front of them. Never killed the parents though just the kids." 

The druggie gets a large smile on his face "Yeah that's me, see I don't belong with you animals. I was saving them from becoming like their sin like parents".

"Don't get self-righteous with me." Jon said, "You should be getting ass fucked by Mombaka here."

"I love threesomes," Mombaka said, with a smirk. "Especially when they're both small and sweet like you two"

The druggie looked around "Well, Jon I don't have any plans of being at the end of Mombaka's rod"

Jon looked over at him with a look of disgust, he then turned to Jade and said "Worst of the worst...alright."

"That's right Jon, so who did you kill to get yourself locked up with us?" Jade asks

Jon replies "That's a good question".