THIRTY

a/n : firstly don't judge liam without knowing the reason behind it.

*

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 and pretty much flew by. Liam spend the first week with his friends, and they couldn't stop talking about their thanksgiving weekend. He, however, didn't tell either of them that he was at Hope, because he knew he would get teased about it, especially from Penelope. She still has not dropped the bunny onesie. The last week Hope and Liam spend all their time together, because they knew after winter break, they'll have to be back at school, and then they'll unfortunately have to start studying again.
The beginning of winter break, everyone left the school and there wasn't a soul in sight.

Liam was action excited to spend the winter break with his mom. But man was he wrong. Wherever they went, Felix would follow the two of them, like a lost puppy. Liam noted that every time Liam tried to tell his mom something exciting he would tell her something more exciting. That just caused him to hate the man even more. His Christmas wasn't as much fun as his thanksgiving with Hope.
But at east The first week of winter break he got to spend with his grandparents, and he enjoyed every minute of it. But unfortunately, they couldn't stay for Christmas, and they had to leave.

Then Liam was stuck with Felix. He spent it with his mom and her boyfriend, Felix and his family. Liam had nothing against them, just the fact that they were a bunch of snobs who loves bragging about their vacations in Ibiza, Mauritius and Seychelles. They bluntly told him to his face that he was nothing without Felix's money. As if he wanted a penny from that man.

When Christmas was over, Liam was so happy because after almost three weeks he would be able to see his friends and his not-labelled-girlfriend. He would finally be free of the damn man. But unfortunately for him, he had to stay a few days longer. While everyone was back at school already he had to stay a few days, because Felix was opening a business in New York, and he wanted Liam and his mom there. Liam tried to refuse but when his mom asked him nicely, he couldn't say no. He would do anything for her, she was his mom, of course.

And that's how Liam got stuck in New York with the two people. School has already started and Liam was unfortunately not there. He has not seen any of his friends for the past four weeks and now he has to wait even longer.

“Would you stop pouting, Liam?” Lara says fixing her son's tie that she forced him to wear. “How can I not? I'm supposed to be back at school already. Classes started two days ago mom. I can't miss another day,” Liam lies. If he was at school, he wouldn't even be paying attention anyway. Lara looks up at her son and she sighs. “Liam, please just give Felix a chance.”

“I have been giving him loads of chances mom. I've spent my entire winter break looking into his ugly face. That's me giving him a chance.”

Lara let's out a breath, and she glares up at her son. “Liam, you've made it very cleat that you don't like him but I do. Felix is the first man after Ste. . .after your father who I have fallen in lo—”

“No, don't tell me that, mom. I don't want to hear it.”

Lara nods her head and she fixes his jacket. “Okay, I won't. But please, tonight try to be nice to him. Tonight is something really big for him.” Liam rolls his eyes, but he mumbles, “I'll try to be on my best behaviour.”
“Okay, thank you sweetheart.” Lara kisses her son's cheek before turning around. “I'll see you outside in a bit.”

Liam looks into the mirror at his black attire. His mom surely went out of her way to buy him the suit even though it's all black. He straightens the jacket out and sighs to himself. “Let us go and have the worst night of your life, Liam Salvatore.”
He grabs his phone and makes his way out of the room, ready to face the boring night that is ahead of him.