THIRTY EIGHT

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 the score was now tied, 35-35. Timberwolves was as surprised as everyone that they decided to use their abilities to the fullest.
The Stallions have just made it back to the sidelines after their excellent quarter, and Kaleb can't help but boast about their performance.

“Let's go! All day, baby. And there's more where that came from,” MG says. MG sees Josie scowling behind them and looks down at the ground, afraid of what she's about to do.
“Not if she's got anything to say about it.”

Greg sighs from beside Liam. “It doesn't seem like Josie is at all happy about this,” Greg says and Liam looks at the brunette Saltzman who was scowling. She seems like she would rather get humiliated than ever win

Lizzie is about to write a play on the white board when Josie yanks the board and the marker out of her hands, “What are you doing?”

“I'm calling an audible of my own.”
Josie quickly writes on the board before flipping it over, so the rest of the team can see. The board reads ‘LOSE’, and the rest of the team immediately makes their displeasure known, especially Lizzie, who immediately begins pouting.
“Seriously?”

Josie continues to look at them as though they're being ridiculous. “I'm dead serious, and you should be, too. Dad told us to lose today for a reason.”

Kaleb scoffs, “Well, he ain't here, so screw that!”

“Yeah, no one would be here if it weren't for him. My dad built this school for supernaturals like us. So, if we win by flaunting all the things that make us different, we're gonna lose a lot more than a stupid game. We'll lose everything,” Josie says and Liam mumbles under his breath, “It was actually Caroline Forbes who built the school but yeah, I get what you mean.

Josie turns to address Lizzie specifically, “You really want Dad to stop loving us? Keep it up. And if you don't...”

Josie holds up the white board, which still reads ‘LOSE‘, a symbol to remind Lizzie what else they could lose if their secret is exposed. MG, not wanting to disappoint Alaric, sighs in resignation. “She's right, Lizzie. We gotta lose the game.”

Lizzie shoots him a snide glare. “I didn't ask for your opinion.“

“Or, door number three...?” Penelope speaks up from beside Liam with a smug look on her face, much to Josie's frustration.
“Okay, we definitely didn't ask for your opinion. And how on earth do you always do that? It's like she appears out of smoke.”

Penelope smirks. “Hold up, hold up-- what's door number three?”

“You win... without any of your supernatural special sauce. Fair and square.” Josie rolls her eyes in disagreement.

“Yeah, but we're legitimately terrible.”

“Is it just me or have Josie's dislike towards Penelope gotten worse?” Liam asks Greg and the redhead nods his head. “Way worse.”

Despite Lizzie's dislike of Penelope, she seems to be intrigued by her idea, “No, we used to be terrible. But Kaleb's new this year, and we have Daniel. Do you still want to play, Daniel?”

They look towards Daniel and he sighs. “Yeah, sure. If I get to wipe that smirk off Connor's face, then certainly.”

“I am here too. I can help us win, too!”
Everyone looks at MG skeptically.