He left the room and I stayed put. Was this going to be a normal thing? If someone came close to me he would do this?

Somehow I dazed out so much he was shaking me back into the real world an hour later, "Gage?" He asked as he lightly shaked me.

Startled, I jumped and looked at him, he had a curious look on his face. His hand lifted up and was about to touch my face, but I pushed back and fell on the floor.

Immediately he looked worried, "Are you ok?" He asked hopping over the desk to get to me, but I still jumped back from him while on the floor.

"Gage? Are you scared of me?" He asked sadly.

"You just killed Lily, who knows when you'll do that to me." I snapped at him.

Patton looked so sad at the statement, "Gage, I would never hurt you...Never ever! I told you I'd rather kill myself before I hurt you." He said getting on the floor to stare at me.

"Why are you doing this for me?" I asked

"Because you're my God. People can't be on your level, so they have to know their place. I know my place, now everyone else needs to know theirs." He said smiling softly.

"Is this going to be a normal thing now? You're just going to kill people who get close to me?" I asked sarcastically.

He looked ashamed for a second, "Only if they do something that I redeem holding themselves above you..." He whispered.

"What's redeemable as holding themselves above me?" I asked

Quickly he scooted close to me, "Like make fun of you, or like you." He said smiling.

So he really saw me as a God? If this was what it was like to be a God I didn't like it. Not for a second.

"Why are you doing this all for me?" I asked again.

"Because I love you Gage...I'm willing to do everything to make you happy. Gods have to be respected." He said picking up my hand and lightly playing with my fingers.

While walking home I didn't say anything. Even at night when Patton had snuck into my bed and hugged my torso, I didn't say anything.

"Gage, please wake up." He said squeezing me a bit.

"What do you want?" I asked

"I'm sorry for what I did." He said, rolling me over to lay on my bed and staddle me, "Please forgive me."

"I can't stop you, even if I did turn you into the police you probably know what you're doing so you can't get caught." I said not looking at him.

I heard a soft cry and when I looked at him he was rubbing his eyes, "Why are you crying?" I snapped

"I'm sorry Gage, I know you don't like what I do. Please understand, this is what I have to do. People just don't understand how special you are." Patton said, wiping his eyes.

"Patton," I said sitting up and grabbing his shoulders, "Listen to me. I'm not a God. What you're doing is psycho!" I said shaking him a bit.

"No! What I'm doing is right!" He said staring at me, he looked insane but also soft, "People just need to understand." He whispered, putting his forehead against mine.

"You're scaring me." I said honestly.

He looked hurt, "Gage, you have nothing to be scared of. I will never try to hurt you. Please believe me when I say that, there's no reason for me to hurt you...ever!" He said cupping my face.