Anger And Fear

I sat waiting just outside one of the rooms on the upper east hall of the Palace. Jungkook was with Namjoon waiting to hear more about Yoongi and Mr. Lee. Jimin was inside the room helping Citrine. She didn't look good, and I was worried she had too many injuries- Not just the ones we could see, internal and mental as well.

Jungkook came down the hall at some point, It was dark and that's all I knew.

"My precious butterfly, are you going to sit out here all night?" He asked as he gripped the sides of the chair I was sitting in, next to the large doors into the room where Citrine was. I looked up at him and nodded.

"Not moving until I know." I said, a single tear rolling down my cheek. Jungkook wiped it away with his thumb and leaned down, capturing my lips with his. The kiss was soft, but firm. Like he was telling me he wanted me to go with him to bed. But my mind was on my friend, one of the girls I relied on a lot over my time at the club. These girls were everything to me... they were my family when no one else would be.

He pulled away from my lips slowly and pressed his head against mine.

"I understand my little butterfly. I'll have someone bring us some blankets and pillows." He said softly. "Would that be okay with you?" He asked, a smile on his face. I nodded and pressed my lips together.

"I'd like that." I replied. He kissed my forehead and lifted himself upright.

"I'll be right back then." He gently caressed my cheek and walked off back down the hall. Some time later, Jungkook arrived with some palace maids who had blankets, padding and some pillows. The women laid out the thick padding on the floor near the door, they layered a few blankets and then added a few more on top. The pillows they set out were nice and firm but soft, Jungkook nodded to them as the women bowed out of respect.

"Do you need something to eat? Have you eaten since we got back?" He asked me. I shook my head, I had been too focused on what happened, too worried about Ames and Citrine. I got up slowly and walked to the bedding where Jungkook was. He took my hand and gently pulled me down into his lap.

"Everything will be fine my sweet butterfly." He kissed my nose, then my forehead. I flashed a slight smile, but mostly out of being pleased by his love for me. Jungkook didn't say anything more, he knew me well enough now to know that now was not a time for talking or anything. He just sat there on the bedding and held me to him, gently rubbing my back and running his fingers through my hair.

Eventually I melted into his arms more and let my drowsiness overtake me.

I awoke to someone's voice. Two people, then two more joined the conversation. I kept my eyes shut and tried to sleep a little longer but then I felt shifting beside me. After it stopped I opened my eyes and turned over to see Jungkook standing there, putting on a shirt while he spoke to Jimin quietly.

"He's going back out there to check on things. The children are with Pearl and Sapphire at the moment, and I'm about to go in to change Citrine's bandages." Jimin spoke quietly.

"I'm going with him then. For Emerald, she's worried for Amethyst and that makes me worry. So I'm riding out there with him." I could hear Jungkook reply.

"I don't think he'll let you and you know that. Kook it's too much and too soon. You're needed here, your wife needs you here." Jimin rebutted.

"I don't care- and he will allow me. I know she needs me, but she's strong. She will know why I had to go. Namjoon will too." I heard Jungkook respond. I knew he was wanting to help, he felt so unable to and I could feel it was bothering him.