Chapter 17

"Stop asking me, Derek, it's not happening!", Beca pushed him by the shoulder as the two walked back into the front room full of people, holding a beer each.

The singer dropped back into her seat next to Chloe, her arm automatically going up to rest behind her girlfriend as the redhead moved closer to her again. "What's going on?", Chloe glanced over to Beca before watching Derek sitting in the seat opposite them.

"He's trying to get one of the numbers of my dancers' numbers", she rolled her eyes while sipping from the bottle. "Woah!", quickly holding her beer in the air, Beca laughed as the toddler sat on Chloe's lap tried to reach for it, "This isn't for you"

"How cute is she though?", Chloe lifted the little girl into the air before bringing her closer again so their noses touched one another, "I think you might be the cutest baby I've ever met"

"By the looks of Derek, she's got all of her mother's features then", Beca smirked again, smiling around at some of the others as they laughed.

"Shut up", Derek grumbled under his breath before taking another sip from his Bud light. "She does have her Mom's eyes and nose though", he got up from his seat after placing his bottle down to pick up his little girl, smiling as soon as she reached her hands out to grab at the beard he had started to grow. "She's gonna be a heartbreaker for sure", the toddler started to laugh as he tickled her.

"I want one", everyone's ears pricked up and soon their eyes followed the sound of the person's voice to find Sophie pouting, her bottom lip stuck out as she watched the girl giggling in Derek's lap.

"Look at Jason's face", Jesse pointed at the former football player who had frozen next to his girlfriend, staring down at her as the rest of the room started to laugh.

"Congratulations", Beca held her hand out in front of her in the direction of one of her closest teammates.

"Fuck off", he gritted his teeth, speaking under his breath, loud enough for surrounding people to hear but not his toddler. "We've got a few years until that happens"

"I second that", Beca raised her hand, looking round to see others following her and nodding heads to agree with her comment as she sat back down. "Especially after the way my Dad reacted about Tom's new baby, I think he might have a heart attack if we got pregnant too", she glanced over at Chloe to see the redhead roll her eyes.

"Your Dad was shocked for five minutes and by the time we got back downstairs he wouldn't stop talking about his first grandchild being born and having Tom and Lexie moving closer so he can help them", Chloe shook her head.

"I think you'd be adorable playing the role of Mom", Stacie spoke up, winking at her best friend when Beca gulped the mouthful of beer she held in her mouth when she noticed the taller brunette talking about her.

"See, I told you!", Chloe linked her arm through Beca's, squeezing her girlfriend's arm in excitement.

"Can we get married first before we even think about having kids?", the singer placed her bottle down before glancing around the room when she heard nothing but silence. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when she saw everyone staring blankly back at her in shock. "What?"

"Are you-"

"Have you asked Chloe to-"

"You're enga-"

"No, no!", Beca grabbed a hold of Chloe's hands to show there was no ring other than her promise ring that still sat on her finger. "There is no engagement ring, see?"

"Not yet", Sophie mumbled loud enough for the room to hear and everyone started to get excited again.

Groaning, the singer stood up from her seat, grabbing her nearly empty bottle as she ran a hand through her hair. "I need a new drink", Beca quickly left to go to the kitchen and grab a new bottle.